You Like?

Okay. My computer illiterate-ness still ranks high, but thanks to my friend Trish (whooo-hoooo! Did you see that? That's called a "hyper-link" thank you very much!!! Yee-haw!), it's not as high as it once was. Oh my! I'm quite excited about all that I have learned. Granted, I've forgotten a ton already, but she taught me some pretty cool stuff. My blog is still a work in progress - I haven't got it exactly how I want it yet - but it's coming. Anyway, many thanks to you, sweet friend! With four kids running around, we still managed to have a very nice brunch, a good visit, and a lovely little teaching session. Well, except for the paint incident in the kitchen where it looked like a murder took place....... All in all, the kids entertained themselves quite well!

So....it's been awhile since I've posted. Life has been TOO busy this past week. But, it's almost over and all is well. Allow me to give you all a brief (well, brief for me) update on the good things that took place. Today is the first day that Jesse is completely bandage free! We've been trying some homeopathic stuff on his hands, but today we just decided to let him be free. And we are ALL quite happy about this, let me tell ya. I can't tell you how much I love seeing those little chubby fingers again.

Spring break begins on Monday, and for one final last hurrah before graduation, our whole little family is going to go away for a few nights. We are all super excited and ready for a little change of pace. Life has been a wee bit crazy these past couple of weeks. Too crazy, if you ask me. So, we're all ready to just kick it for awhile and hang out as a family with no outside pressures vying for our time and attention.

Kev and I went on a date this past Tuesday, which was SO nice. It was good to catch up, reconnect, visit with no interruptions, fill our faces with yummy food, and dream about our future together. Well, maybe it looked more like "stress about our future," but it was good! I love that we never run out of things to say to each other....and when we do, it's a nice comfortable silence. And I also love being foolish and silly with him. We went to see a movie after dinner, and there were only four other people in the whole theatre. So, we were able to laugh, talk, and snort to our hearts content without getting into trouble! Good times.

Today is Kev's final Saturday class! We're both quite happy about this. A friend came for lunch, so that kept us occupied, and then I gave her a tour of the campus before the boys' naps. Kaden loves to feed the ducks, so we went and sat down by the pond for awhile. They're quite tame - a little freakishly so, and they were trying to eat out of our hands when there wasn't even any food in them! While I was putting Jesse in the backpack, one came over and nipped at his finger! Another one let me pick him up today. I was so happy that he let me snuggle him! I'm sure we made quite the sight - Kaden riding his tricycle all through the duck poop, and me just walking all over the lawn with Jesse on my back and a little ducky in my arms. Sheer bliss!

Okay, well that was a wee update. A little random and nothing overly exciting, but a little window into our lives nonetheless.....

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm officially jealous. Love your new look in blogland. I also think the Trish should come visit me and teach me to do a bunch of stuff. Very cool. :)
Glad the chubby fingers are free again too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day, Ame - and I'm glad Kev's Saturday classes are over - that must be so nice! And you guys are going away for a few days?! Good for you...getting away is always nice - hope you have a relaxing, and well-needed time away...glad to know little Jesse's hands are bandage free - I'm sure it is nice to see those chubby little hands and fingers again...does he seem to be healing well?!

Hope you have a great day/week...and congrats on all your new computer knowledge...good for you, Ame - I'm impressed!! Adding a hyperlink to your site...super high-techy...way to go!!

Lovies...

Anonymous said...

VERY impressed with your hyperlink, Ame! You've come a long way from the county baby!

Your story about the ducks made me think of the sight Natalie and I must have made this afternoon on our lawn. It's been snowing/sleeting/raining all day and we were ready for some fresh air even if it was a little messy. We both donned our rain boots (mine bright pink--I know, very un-Shannie--and hers blue with bugs and frogs). She in her jammies (left on all day because she loves them and I was lazy) with her brown vest on top, hat and mittens. Me with my big belly and old fleece pea-coat. She trudged along in the slush with her bucket and I did jumping jacks to get exercise while she laughed at me. Then we splashed in the slush. Eat your heart out neighbors! What fun!