Happy Easter!

Despite the unearthly hour of having to get ready for church today, I do believe that this was one of my most favorite Easters, thus far in my wee little life! Nothing overly amazing happened - it was just one of those days that was really good.

We woke both boys out of a dead sleep and put them in the car in their p.j.'s at 5:30 and headed off to our sunrise service. I had hoped that they would fall back asleep and get another 45 minutes of shut eye on our way. Kaden is used to getting up early for trips, and he usually goes right back to sleep within a few minutes. Not today though, my friends! Jesse found it quite exciting to be all cozy in his carseat in the pitch dark first thing in the morning, and he happily grunted and growled the entire way to church, thus keeping Kaden awake. Both boys were happy and content, though, despite missing some much needed sleep.

We had a really nice sunrise service followed by a delish breakfast. And then we had a great Easter service that was pretty packed out with everyone's family and loved ones. We had no practice after church, so we made it home around noonish, which is really nice for us. After a hodge podge of sorts for lunch, the boys went to nap, and I actually took an impromptu nap with Jesse which was really nice. We haven't done that for awhile.

Then, when everyone woke up, it was still so beautiful and warm we decided to go have a BBQ and picnic at Core Creek Park. We made yummy burgers, played on the playground, went exploring in the woods, picked numerous rocks, sticks, and leaves out of Jesse's mouth, and then came home - tired and grubby, but happy. Jesse is snoozing away, Kaden and Daddy just got done playing cars and now they're snuggled up on the couch reading, and I am off to snuggle with my hubby after Child Numero Uno hits the hay! A GREAT day!

6 comments:

Angie said...

I cannot believe it is warm enough there for a bbq and picnic..OUTSIDE!! If i were a jealous person, this would be something to be jealous about...seeing as we still have TONS of snow,and have to bundle up every time we go out. Seriously though, I'm glad that you guys had such a great day...and the sunrise service? I've never been to one, but think they're a cool idea. Maybe some day...:). well, hope you are doing well and not too down with your friend gone. I would LOVE to come and visit you..meet your gorgeous boys, have insane amounts of coffee, while just chatting about life, bargain shopping, antiquing...i'm getting sad just thinking about it (since it probably won't happen for a while). well, I'll be thinking of you as I drink my coffee this morning. love you, yep I do. xo

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys were up earlier than we were! I'm so jealous that you already have signs of spring :) The park looks like a beautiful spot. maybe we can do something like that when we're with you.

Esther said...

Sounds wonderful! We had a VERY cold and windy Easter day, but still full of lots of fun. Although I skipped out on the sunrise service...

Anonymous said...

I'm back to work after having 4 days off - so, have been catching up on your past few blog entries...sounds like you guys had a nice weekend together...I love the idea of the resurrection rolls...somehow it makes me smile thinking of the marshmellow representing Jesus...and, I am impressed you guys waking up so early for the sunrise service...like Ang, I have never been to one - at NBBI, I could never bring myself to get up that early -- our church does one, too, but...again, I can't bring myself to make it to the service!!! Glad you had fun visiting with your friend, Rachel - I know its sad when good friends leave...hopefully you are 'on the mend', though!!! Love you, Ame - I'll try to talk to you one last time here before I have this baby...which, will probably be soon -- not sure HOW soon, but...time is definetely getting closer...3 weeks from yesterday is my due date - everyone tells me they think I'll go early...so, we'll see -- but, hopefully we can chat soon. I love ya -- have a great day, my friend...

Anonymous said...

Ame...just read through your comment on my blog...August Rush...you will like it (I think...I'm always nervous to recommend movies!!) - I will not tell you about it, though, so as not to ruin anything...we LOVED it, though.

And...it would be so nice for all us girlies to get together for another reunion...however - you moving back to Maine in the summer (though I WISH you would come here!!!) - will definetely make the possibility of us seeing you sooner a MUCH greater possibility...can't wait!! How do you feel about moving back to Maine? Will you guys be working back in your church?!

And...we'll definetely chat soon...maybe this week -- hopefully before Baby Paulino arrives!!! Won't be long now!!!!

Oh - and your prediction...you can put it anywhere...You are the only one who HASN'T predicted yet -- better do it soon, before its too late!!!!

I love ya...hope you have a fabulous day -- can't wait to talk!!

Jessica said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blogs. I am glad you had a great visit with Rachel. Glad to hear you had a great Easter too. I havn't been to a sunrise service in forever. Our church didn't have one. I am going to make those rolls next year with Lexi. I love doing things like that. I did update my blog so stop by and read it.