Our Newest Addition

Kaden is pleased and proud to announce that a new member has joined our family. He has his very first "real" pet. Last night at Tyler State Park, we found a little baby salamander and Daddy told him that he could bring it home to keep for his very own. This was oh so very exciting! We brought some of the leaves, rocks, and dirt that he had been living under back home with us, Mommy sacrificed one of her tupperware for the cause, and now we have the cutest little guy living on our kitchen table for all the world to see! I fear that he may not live long, as Kaden always wants to hold him and dig for him under the leaves, but we shall see.

And his name? Well, it's a classic: Ant Ant.
I have no idea, but I told him it fit perfectly.

(And Trishy-Poo....if you could give me a little brush up on how to post images, I'd like to do a little pic for you all to gaze at....but alas - I have forgotten that skill).

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You would not believe it now, but - I used to LOVE playing with salamanders...we had oodles of them where we lived in Nova Scotia...I love the name: Ant Ant. I'm sure he is very proud - and, as much as we would love to see a picture of Ant Ant...you know we would REALLY love to see your kiddos...your home...etc...ask your friend Trish to show you how to email pictures...PLEASE TRISH - help her out!!!

Jamie said...

Amy - the quote by Kaden in your previous post is priceless! I laughed out loud! (thank goodness I'm at home and not at work!).

That is so cool he has a salamander! I used to see them lots as a kid back home but I can honestly say that i haven't seen one back home in years.

Angie said...

hope you're doing good, my friend! thinking of you....angxo

Anonymous said...

Ame - we MISS you here on the world-wide-web...

Hope you had a great weekend with your boys...

Lovies...and - hope to see an update soon!!