I've Been Robbed!

Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed something strange going on whenever I've tried to access my Discover credit card. Some places would accept it, but other places would tell me that I was being denied. I thought this was weird seeing as how it doesn't expire until July. I hardly ever use it, though, so I didn't really think too much of it.

Until yesterday.

I mentioned to Kev how I just tried to pick up a couple of groceries and I was not being allowed access. He suggested I call their customer service line, and come to find out.......some dude (or dude-ette for all I know) has been using my numbers to get gas over in Brooklyn, New York! Of all the nerve! I have no idea how they got my info, but for the past couple of weeks, someone has been swiping gas with my numbers. I'm not quite sure why they've only used it at gas stations, though. That's a little weird....but besides the point.

Our card company noticed and thought it to be out of the ordinary card use activity for me, so they put a hold on it, and that's why I haven't been able to use it! Frustrating as all get out, and I'm actually feeling a little violated to tell you the truth. But, those cards have now been cut and trashed so Mr. or Mrs. Farty-Pants over in Brooklyn will now have to find someone else to rip off. Yeesh.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Well I'm glad that it was found, but would it have killed Discover to let YOU know that they had put a hold on your card for this reason?? Crazy! Glad it's ok now! :)

Esther Littlefield said...

Has the credit card company also put a hold on the card so that the guy really can't use it anymore? I'm sure you've got it all taken care of, but I just wanted to make sure!

Craziness.... we have had the whole Hannaford thing to deal with, and we are both having to get new debit cards because our numbers were some of the ones that were released.