Spring Days!

Today was SO gorgeous! Sunny and warm with crocuses and daffodils in bloom. It was so nice!

We hid a whole whack of eggs for Kaden to hunt this morning. He's been finding them all throughout the day! I know that a lot of people don't do anything commercialized with their kids for Easter, but we feel that there is no harm in having him go on a little hunt once a year. Here comes my justification: We've read the Easter story while using the resurrection eggs more times than I can count, we've talked and prayed together about Easter every day for weeks now, and we're making the resurrection rolls tomorrow, so I feel like we've balanced it pretty well. Kaden knows what Easter is all about, and he's just as excited to go to church tomorrow and celebrate as he was to hunt for his eggs this morning. So anyway, that's just what we do, and it's been fun!

We went to the pet store after Jesse's nap and got Kaden's salamander some wax worms seeing as how he's not enjoying his worms or crickets. Spoiled rotten, he is. Then, we went to a fun little Amish market and got some yummies for Easter dinner tomorrow and had a yummy little lunch. No big plans for getting together with people tomorrow. We have to leave our place at 5:30 in the morning to make it to our sunrise service, so we'll keep it pretty low key for the rest of the day.

So...it's been a nice family day. By the way - girlies from home, thanks for the fun phone call message! So nice that you were thinking of me while you were out and about! Is there a Panera in Bangor? Whoo-hoo! French onion soup, here I come!

Happy Easter, all!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Amy,
Sounds like you have had a fun week! I totally understand you not calling me back - I had no idea your friend was visiting when I called you.

Anyway, today we went to Augusta to the Christmas Tree Shops, Old Navy, and then to Mardens in Waterville. Quite a day of shopping! Lunch was in Augusta at Panera, but Jess reports that they are bringing one to Bangor.

Anonymous said...

Esther beat me to the answer :) I loved Panera, good tip! 3 of us had a yummy hot turkey panini thing with spinach and artichoke sauce. Very reasonable I thought for the half sandwich and soup combo. Totally missed you eating my "delish" cheesy broccoli soup (with some shredded carrot too). Yum!

And I have the honor of spending the most time and money at Cmas tree. Oh dear. Slightly embarrassed at the amount of obsessing that went into my basket purchases. Good thing I was with those that know and love me despite my quirks. :)