Dying Phones.....

So I just got off the phone with my dear friend Angie. It's no secret that I really don't enjoy talking on the phone, but when it comes to her it never seems long enough! As soon as I see her number on my caller ID, I immediately reach for the coffee, grind myself a strong brew, and settle in.

EXCEPT THE PAST TWO CONVERSATIONS MY PHONE HAS DIED MIDWAY into our solving all of the world's problems! I tell you what, if I was a swearing woman........ Just kidding. Kind of. Man - that burns me! Seriously. My phone only dies with her, because it's never usually off that hook for that long of a time!

I love our conversations. They always go all over the place with tons of little random rabbit trails everywhere! They might start with talking about her daughters sharing a room together, move to school choices, jump over to how things are going at her church, and end up with talking about how comparion to others destroys our own contentment! And that's just one bitty conversation! I love it!

So I sit here wired up on WAY too much coffee - I never drink midday - and feeling frustrated that my phone died midway through one of your sentences. But, I'm also thankful for you, dear friend. Although I have seen you only three or four times since our Bible School days, I love that we just pick up wherever we leave off. I love that you love me for who I am. I love that you are real with me about your life. I love that you're not afraid to share your struggles with me. And I love that you inspire me, you stretch me, you make me think, and you make me laugh!

You were the highlight of my day, dear friend. Much love to you!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Aaaah....I feel special. Commenting on facebook, and then a whole post about our conversation...you're too sweet. :) I was disappointed too, but am so thankful that I got to chat with you for as long as I did. It was much needed and although it was cut short, I hung up with a smile on my heart and face, having just spent a good bit of the afternoon talking to one of my closest friends. You really are great Ame, and I feel the same about you and our friendship...we can just pick up where we left off, and listen and learn from each other...without even thinking that the other has any sense of judgement. I love you sweetie. Hope you had a great date with your hubby!! xoxoxoxooxo