Vacay - Day 3

Sheer bliss, I tell you.

The weather has been glorious - springlike really, the scenery soothes my soul, the food bloateth my belly, and this girl is ready to re-enter society refreshed and rejuvenated.

As I type, Jesse is napping in the next room and Kevin and Kaden are outside exploring and throwing a ball around. We used to not have the kids nap when we went away on vacay. We just threw their entire routine to the wind, but we have learned that our entire family does better if at least some semblance of our normal rhythms and routines are maintained. Besides, Kaden loves napping in hotels. He finds it quite exciting. Jesse still crabs just as much when we lay him down, but he naps nonetheless.

So, let me give you the breakdown of what we've been doing. Yesterday, besides a boatload of eating, we went to a few little outlet stores, drove around and explored, swam, and went for a little walk around our place. A highlight for me was checking out a couple of very awesome little antiquey stores - where I purchased FOUR (count them!) really cute little iron and wooden chairs to sit out on our porch for $5!! (Five buckaroos, Baby!) I only wanted two, but they all came together! Kev says that's really great since they're all decrepit anyway, we'll have spares for when they break. He doesn't appreciate a great bargain when he sees one!

Did I mention that we have a whirlpool hottub in our room? Seriously - for no extra charge, you can get a hottub in your room. Who wouldn't? So, while the boys napped yesterday, I did a little scrapbooking and Kev did a little hottubbing. Sheer bliss, I tell you! I put Jesse in it this morning. He loved splashing and grabbing at the water. I was sorely tempted to dunk him under and see if he could swim, but I figured I've given Kev enough stress lately, as far as this child is concerned!

Our little place overlooks a humungous field, and across the field there is a little one room Amish schoolhouse. I've been watching the kids play outside. I am so drawn to this whole lifestyle! Aside from having to wear a dress everyday and wear one of those funky little bonnets, I love much of what these people stand for and how they live. It really appeals to me. A lot of hard work, simplicity, and family. I love it.

Okay, Jesse will be waking up soon, and I must get really to go and conquer the rest of this country before we head back to ghetto-land tomorrow - you know - Filthydelphia, the city of brotherly Shove! Just Kidding!......kinda'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...sounds like such a wonderful vacation...and a jacuzzi in your room...oh my word, you have no idea how nice that sounds to me...if ever I own my own home...I want to seriously spend the extra cash and have one of these...oh my goodness.

Glad you guys are having such a nice time - and experiencing the opposite to city life...it is so refreshing, isn't it?! Simpler times are certainly appealing to me, too - though I think I would miss a lot of the conveniences...

Enjoy your last day!!!

Angie said...

so glad you guys are having such a relaxing time! you deserve it! We are actually heading out on friday to Alex & marie's for a few days, so maybe we can chat when I get back? relax lots!! oh, btw, read my 'tenderhearted boy' post from a week or so ago on my blog...it's pretty exciting. love you.

Sarah said...

Sounds great. $5 bucks what a bargain! Trust me I understand the thrill. I'm convinced our men just don't have the "vision" that we do for what all those wonderful old bargains can become!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah wholeheartedly!

And speaking of antiquing,wow, Ame, just got off the "Soule Mama" website on which I spent about an hour!! I LOVE IT!! so you, me and Rachael A. And you know what? Her home is cluttered! But it's so beautiful, and so kid-friendly; functional but lovely. Everything I want to be. Sometimes I get a little crazy looking around and thinking how I could better organize or simplify or be less cluttered, but maybe a little is ok :)

Man, but where does she get all the time to do all those cute little sewing projects!
Have you looked through her series "30 days of the everyday?" You would love it. So many fun ideas. I want to make a wall pocket for Natalie's future room.

anyways, so glad you guys are getting R&R in Lancaster. Geesh, you really love my place of birth, don't you? Peter and I got a good chuckle out of your temptation to dunk Jesse. I would feel the same, but I think you chose wisely :)

Love you my friend and see you soon!!! XOXOXO

Shay said...

I am trying not to commit the sin of envy, *sigh*. I so can't wait for camping season to start so I can get out into Lancaster County.

And because I'm nosy I googled the Soule Mama blog and have to say I love it! I'm so excited that I NEEED to go blog about it now! Squee! :)