Saturdayz!

It's been a good day. A messy day, but really good, nonetheless.

It's been raining cats and dogs, but oh so warm! Next time I'm at Wal-mart I need to get Kaden some wellies so we can go puddle hopping! Because we played so much over spring break, Kev had to do some catching up today, so the wee ones and I entertained ourselves. Kev did work at home today, but I'm wondering how much he really got accomplished. We're a rowdy bunch.

Our morning began with Kaden making us a "bonfire" in a huge plastic tub. He poured tons of tiny toys into it for wood, and we sat around it with our graham cracker smores and coffee. Then, I tried out a new recipe for puffy paint. I don't quite have the proportions right, yet, as it lost it most of its puffiness after it dried. It was still fun, though, and once I perfect the recipe I'll pass it on. While we painted, Jesse happily chewed on some of Kev's song sheets at my feet and managed to eat a good chunk of it before I caught him. Good times!

When Jesse woke up from his morning nap, Kev took a break from schoolwork and we ran out and did some errands and got a snack. Both boys slept wretchedly this afternoon, but it's just as well. With the time change, and it being our longest day tomorrow, they'll both go down for the night at 6:00 and hopefully not be too affected by the lost hour.

Before supper, I gave them both a bath. Jesse managed to get a hold of Kev's coffee (it was cold, at least) and dumped it all over himself and the floor! So - to the tub we went. Jesse is quite the voracious bath taker and he literally soaked our bathroom floor with his splashing! During his entire bath, his eyes were red rimmed from always getting water in them, and he was constantly burping from all of his water intake! I got soaked from head to foot, and Kaden just shook his head and backed into the farthest corner of the tub to watch the show!

Now they are both p.j.'d up and smelling delish. The evening is winding down, the apartment is still trashed, and we are happy. It's been a good day. Well, I must be off. Jesse is about ready to ram a hanger down his throat......Lord have mercy!

4 comments:

Shay said...

You'd think we'd have learned by now to wear raincoats when we bathe our kids!

Jamie said...

Hey Amy! Finally had some time to actually read a few posts! You certainly have a busy and interesting life :) It's really great to read your posts and kinda catch up on where you're at now - it's been SO many years.

Anonymous said...

I MUST meet Jesse...he sounds so fun!!!! I love it - I love reading about your life, and catching a glimpse into your sweet little family...please consider coming to PEI this summer!!! We will show you a good time, I promise!!! Love your posts...and would love to see some pic's...I have mentioned before, that you can send them by email...totally not a problem!!! hee-hee...

Have a great Monday, Ame -- can't wait for more posts!!!

Unknown said...

I love the way you write. I could really go for some D&D with you right now let me just say. I really wish we could chill and vent and all that...instead I'll just tell you I miss you and I appreciate you and I think you are Kev are great parents and I wish I was there to baby sit for you! I love you lots