Valentine Cookies

Here's the delish little number that I was writing about the other day. Packaged up in little gift bags with some pretty ribbon and a cute little tag make for a super cute little gift for someone on Valentine's Day.

By the way, sweet Katya, should you find a way over to my place sometime tomorrow, I have some with your name all over them! Loves.....

Kiss Cookies

2 sticks butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
pinch salt
1 cup fine chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
hershey's kisses
confections sugar for dusting when cool

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Sift flour and salt and gradually add to butter mixture. (I didn't sift, because I'm lazy, and they still turned out fine).

Mix well. Chill for 2 or more hours.

Shape dough around kisses. You can do as much or as little as you want - depending on whether you want big or small cookies. Dough should probably be at least 1/4 inch deep, though.

Bake on sheets lined with parchment paper for about 12 minutes or until edges are light gold at 375 degrees. Package up cutely and give to someone you love. Delish!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I should come over! (Haha, just because I love you, of course-- not because of cookies ;)

I have a class/lunch tomorrow till around 12:30ish and a night class after 6:30, sooo . . . what time between those two works for you?

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys feel encouraged - great news about his one hand - and we will really pray his other little hand heals this week...I'm sure it makes you appreciate his 'pudgy little fingers' even more seeing them move!! Keep us posted!

Happy Valentine's Day, my friend...hope you have a blessed day filled with oodles of love, and some sweet, quality time with your boys, and especially with Kev...love you guys all so very much!!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Katya - I babysit from 2-5 away from home, but either way - whenever you can come is fine. Kev will be here. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'll catch the shuttle after lunch (around 12:30ish or so) and be over there soon. Miss you guys!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear that one of Jesse's hands is better. We will continue to pray for his other one. I can't wait to make the cookies. They sound so good. Have a great day!