Okay....

Sorry for the bummer post yesterday.

It's amazing what a little sleep, a couple of phone chats with my Marmie and Mom-in-law, a treat brought home for me from hubby, and a relaxing night of vegging can do for one's perspective.

I'm back on track today. For some reason, the news about Jesse really bummed me out yesterday. And it's not like it was a surprise, by any means. In fact, I actually kind of expected it. It has just felt like this continuous drawn out drama of a waiting game; and the thought of him being put to sleep and having a cast and scars for life just made me really sad.

Truth be told, Jesse will probably be quite proud of his battle wounds and will have SEVERAL more to join these ones in the not so distant future! We have been told on numerous occasions that this doctor that we have is the best of the best, we are at a pediatric hospital that deals solely with children, and most importantly - we are in the Lord's hands, and we fully trust Him to take care of our little guy no matter what the outcome.

SO......all is well.

On a lighter and more fun note - Jesse is doing a full crawl now. He has graduated from a sort of commando snake slither to the full out hands and knees moves. He also pulls himself completely up into a sitting position and growls loudly at us until someone acknowledges his accomplishment. It's really cute, and he's totally proud of himself when he does it. He still will quite often immediately fall over backwards or sideways because he's so top heavy, but he just stares into space for a sec, lets out a little grunt, and continues on his merry way. It's QUITE hilarious.

Jesse is SUCH a bruiser. There is nothing that is done mediocre with him. He is intense about EVERYTHING! He has almost flipped his exersaucer over with him in because he rocks so violently in it; he's almost flipped his chair over with him in the booster seat because he won't sit still; when he gives us "love pats" on our faces, he almost gives us bloody noses because he flaps his hands so violently, he has made Kaden cry on a number of occasions because he's bopped him so hard in the face, every bathtime I fear for his life because he buries his entire face in the water, and when we read stories, he literally attacks the pages and growls, grunts, and screams so loudly we can't even hear ourselves read the book!

Kaden just shakes his head, looks at us and laughs, and says: "He's a looney bin, guys!" It's true!

We truly have complete opposites in every sense of the word, and it is totally delightful. I am loving the differences - finding them hysterical, actually - and the boys completely adore each other. Let's hope this keeps up for years to come despite their many differences. The Tough and the Tender.......it could get interesting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do NOT feel the need to apologize about your post yesterday...You are a loving little momma - no apology needed for that...glad you are feeling a bit better today, though...I wish I could meet your little kiddos - they sound just adorable - fun having 'opposites' - keeps things interesting, I'm sure!! That's awesome that Jesse's crawling, despite his dear little hands...I'm sure it is a thrill for you to see his progress!! You'll have to try emailing some pictures if you don't want to post them on your blog or facebook...I do see pictures, mostly from your mom to mine...I saw some pic's from Aaron's wedding -- you looked BEAUTIFUL, by the way!!! Your boys are sweet...I so wish I could see you guys. Hope you have a great remainder of the day...enjoy American Idol tonight ( I wasn't overly impressed with the girls...or anyone, for that matter...there was a 16 year old girl, who sorta looks like Carrie Underwood, who I liked...don't know her name...)we'll see what the results are tonight!!

Love ya, my friend...

Jessica said...

Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for Jesse.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man; I can just hear Mr. Kaden saying that. :)

I love you, Amy!