Tag!

Wanna' play?

Look at me! THREE posts in one day! But, who can resist a good game of tag? (Okay, so some of you can). But, for those of you who want to play, here are the rules: Write out an anagram for your middle name, (I think that's the right word) and for each letter tell us something about you. This is different from the "14 things you love" game. How so? I'm not really sure. How about - just don't write about things you love! :0) Write about OTHER things that will help people get to know you more. Okay. Enough rambling. Here goes:

M: MARRIED to my best friend of 8 1/2 years. And since you all know that, here's another: MIDWIFE. If I were to go back to school and do it all over again, I would study and train to be a midwife. I'd work with another awesome midwife (because I don't like to do things by myself), we'd have our own little practice, and we'd deliver all of our friend's babies, and anyone else's babies who wanted us to! We'd make sure they had a FANTASTIC birth experience - one that was never traumatic or disappointing. You know - in the perfect world.......

A: ARACHNIDS. I hate them too, Shannon. In fact, since my mother would scream such ear piercing shrieks whenever she saw them (and still does to this day) she has instilled within all three of her children's hearts a horrific terror of them. It's true. HOWEVER.....since Kaden is so in love with bugs, whenever he sees them, I try to play it cool so as not to instill that same fear into his poor little heart. I play the "it might be poisonous" or "it might bite" card and tell him that he can only hold Daddy Long Legs. I can deal with those. I have heard that they have one of the most poisonous bites for spiders, but their mouths are too small. It would be like us trying to bite a beach ball. Interesting little tidbit......Anyway, I know I'll scar my children in other ways, so I try to play it cool in the spider category.

R: REBEL. In my heart, I am a secret rebel. Not necessarily in the bad sense of the word - more like in the "nontraditional" sense of style. If I didn't think I would offend many people that I know and love, I would have multiple piercings and tattoos, I would have wild hair and clothes, and I would ride a motorcycle. I'm not joking. In fact, I will have NO problem if my boys want tats or earrings. Shocking, eh? Don't judge me. I still love Jesus. :0) Anyway, I can't even picture Kaden with either of those......Jesse is another story. Okay, once you lift your mouths off the floor, here's another:

REALLY short. That's my hair. I got it chopped today.


I: INJURIES. In my thirty years of life I: broke my big toe playing soccer, broke my collar bone playing soccer, got my nose broke by one of my teens by playing soccer in youth group, got 2nd degree burns on my leg on two different occasions on my Dad's motorcycle as a kid, had stitches in my head because my brother thought I could catch a hammer, had stitches in my chin because I thought I could fly, and almost lost my womb when Kaden was born. Glorious!

O: OPEN SPACES. Wide ones. I need them. That's why we go to Lancaster all the time. I need country, with fields, and streams, and trees, and 4-wheelers, and grass, and chickens roaming freely.

N: NEW BRUNSWICK BIBLE INSTITUTE. The place where I spent three years of my life and made some of the best friends of my life, where I met my future hubby, and where I almost got kicked out during my Senior Year. (See previous "R" for "Rebel." That's a story for another day).

Okay....I must sign off. I've already said more than I should..........I really have no idea who reads these posts......Don't judge Kev on account of me. He's a clean as they come!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I'll admit I'm totally shocked about the whole rebel one. :) Totally.

Esther said...

So interesting what you learn about your friends after all these years... of course people practically fall out of their chair when they find out I have a navel piercing... : )

Shay said...

Well my pet, first off you must come camping with us sometime. We have a seasonal site in Lancaster County at a really nice little Christian campground

As for the tattoos and piercings, well.... you wouldn't be offending me, that's fo sho! I have a bit of ink myself. ;)

Angie said...

i totally think you should get some ink and piercings! i always knew you had the rebel side...had to, to be my friend. ;) especially in nbbi. i almost got kicked out during senior year too!! good times! i'd do it all over again too...the 'almost got kicked out' infraction as well as attending there. met you and gained my kindred spirit. (and many other good things too...ie. met rob, ;). i may accept your tag, even though the 'rebel' in me doesn't want to. ;) hope you had a great day trip. i miss those...we used to do them all the time when kier and rory were little...but, we do them when we can. ok, rambling now...love ya!

Steven said...

Alright, Amy, I've played your name game. Check it out:

http://worldoftomorrow.blogspot.com/2008/02/name-game.html

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Amy, I think we should go get tattoos together!

Just kidding.