HELP?

Okay, so remember a few posts ago when I talked about how computer illiterate I am? Well, this is the post where I'm going to ask for help. My sweet friend Shay (isn't the coolest name?) sent me an email to try and help, and I'm really embarassed to admit, I didn't understand a word of it. When I mean I need help, I mean - pretend that I'm utterly clueless, because I am.

This is what I want to learn how to do:

1. Change my background
2. Change the title and the little ditty number underneath it. Because, it's not really "The Booker Blog" - it's more about my thoughts and musings. So, I want it to reflect me!
3. I want to know how to add links on my sidebar - you know, to add other's people's blogs
4. Can I put music in the background?
5. Put pictures on - real photographs and clip art or whatever
6. Play a video from my camera
7. Oh! This is another biggy: When I'm typing along and want to link you over to another place by having you just click on the word I typed. (See? I don't even know how to explain this stuff! Did you get my drift, anyway?)

Okay, there's more, but that's good for now. Maybe Esther just needs to call me when she has a kazillion hours free while I'm sitting at my computer? She did this whole thing for me in the first place!

You know the phrase: "Give a man a fish and you feed him a meal. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him forever."

TEACH ME TO FISH, GUYS!!!

9 comments:

Trish D said...

You know, we might just have to have a computer play day... so what are you doing next week?

Life With My Joys..... said...

Whoo-hoo! It's a date!

Esther said...

I can give you a call - but if your friend Trish can be there in person perhaps that would be better.

Unknown said...

Peter says he will help with everything but music in the background, because, and I quote, "it's the most annoying thing in the world." Gotta love my hubby and his brutal honesty! XOXO

Shay said...

awww, I feel special that I got mentioned in your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I think your friends have you covered...I don't use blogger, so I don't think I'd be much help to you anyways...best of luck - can't wait to see the 'new' blog!!! Ame, it was SO GREAT to FINALLY talk to you the other day...even when its been ages, it always is like we just pick up where we left off...I suppose blogs are helping fill in the gaps, too, but - anyways...it was great to chat...let's do it again soon!! Hope you guys had a joyous weekend together...

Anonymous said...

So, Amy, I don't think I can help you out much on what you're asking (besides, looks like LOTS of people are helping! Yay!) but I do need to utilize your knowledge and wisdom.

What are some good discount/thrift/secondhand shops in the area around the school?

All right, that's it. :) Love you!

Angie said...

can't wait to see what you've learned!!! AND some PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIGHT??!
Oh, and yes, Cait was sitting in a bumbo in that picture, but they're not designed to float. We just brought it with us to the beach, so she could sit in it AND in the water, without us having to hold her the whole time...and it worked GREAT! it didn't hurt the bumbo, and she was comfy and cool...see what us 'vetern moms' come up with?!?! survivial techniques! :) love you my dear! have a great day!!! angxoxo

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are slacking...it has been 4 days now...perhaps you are just brushing up on all your new computer knowledge and waiting to blow us all away...hmmm...anyways...we miss your updates!! Oh - Jesse goes to the doctor tomorrow, right? Be sure to give us an update, okay?! Love you guys...