H O M E

Life in the Booker household has been a bit of a roller coaster ride these past couple of weeks. We've had a trip up North planned for awhile now, so the timing was nice. We did some support raising, we kicked back with family, my brother returned from Texas who I haven't seen for A YEAR!!!!!, I visited my Great-grammy who is turning 100 on Friday, we homeschooled right at the kitchen table......and for a few blessed days.....we lived "The County way."

There was a WHOLE lot of this:

(This is my little dirt road that I grew up on. Kaden now likes to be the driver).

And we often ended up in places like this:

(We always stop for snacks somewhere along our adventure. This was at a camp overlooking my little town).

By rides' end, someone almost always ended up like this:

(He is DE-licious....even though he's entered a screaming phase which makes me crazy).

There is NEVER enough of this:

(This is just up the road from my house on the property of my very oldest, kindred friend. We trespass everytime we come home. I hope her parent's don't mind. On THIS particular adventure, Jesse almost fell in).

Always resulting in catches like this:

(Jesse and I always kiss the frogs. We think they're cute. This grosses Kevy out, and he won't kiss me until I wash my lips).

Someone had a birthday and turned this many:

(But he was a grumpy pants on the night of his party, so after he unwrapped a few presents, I put him to bed and all the little brothers and cousins ate his cupcakes)!

And in true hick-style fun, Dad always comes up with some crazy fun for us to do like moose calling after dark, or catching and releasing skunks that he traps in our driveway:

THIS is Dad's homemade skunk trap. In the week that we were home, we caught three skunks! Dad lures them in with a peanut butter sandwich. When they chomp down on their treat, the trap door is released, and voila!...said skunk is trapped. When Dad gets home from school, we load this contraption onto the back of the truck, drive to some field or gravel pit somewhere and let 'em go. Sometimes. When the littles tag along.

When the littles don't come....well, the little skunky gets sent home to glory......

Welcome to my world.

And now we are home. Unpacked. Settled in. Nesting complete.

And I am happy.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday, Rancey-pants!! Wow...one year already...I absolutely love the flowery helmet on him, btw. :o)
Glad you had a great trip to The County...such great memories for the boys to make! Your Pa needs to come down and show me how to finagle one of them there skunk varmint traps!