Confessions......(Again)

I'm not really the greatest at keeping my kids clean.

I try to stay on top of the waxy ears, filthy fingernails, and boogies.....but, as far as the whole entire wash down goes - once a week is my goal. Horrible, I know. I think I probably keep my house cleaner than my boys.

It is what it is.

You see, three little hooligans in a bathtub represents a WHOLE lot of work, a WHOLE lot of loud chaos, and a WHOLE lot of flooding in my bathroom. There is screaming, guffaw-ing, splashing, and squirting of all manner of tub toys. This also represents thirty fingernails and toenails that will be clipped, three heads to be shampooed (Rachael with 3 girls, I commend you), and three full wash-downs. I prefer the naked slip'n'sliding in the summer.

When the deed is done, I always think I deserve an award of some sorts.

And then, literally, about five minutes later ---- they all look like little piggies again, and after naps they all will smell like little puppies. So, really - what's the point? Seriously.

I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

haha! If only there were a breed of self-cleaning children, eh? Then we'd all have nine more. Perhaps.
In response to your comment left on my blog....Name the day, baby. I shall have the coffee pot filled with flavored coffee and the chicken poo cleaned off the lawn. (Big maybe on that last one...) :o)

Kristi said...

hahaha -- i don't feel so bad not having bathed Jonah now for several days!!! :) and I only have 1 little boy to wash! hahaha -- my word, i miss you guys -- mom got some new pics from your mom of you guys...those boys of yours are sooo handsome - dirty or not! :)

KateO said...

Oh girlfriend, I know. I never bathe the two of them together anymore because, A. Someone always gets hurt or loses a tooth...
B. water is everywhere.
I now have my oldest shower by himself, and he's pretty self sufficient at i.t

Shay said...

No judgment from this once-a-week-kid-bather ;)