Fall Gibreckle

:: Bittersweet season is upon us! Not sure how many of you like to decorate with "nature" as much as I do....but in my book, this stuff is some of the most gorgeous decor that you could ever get. And it's free! You just have to go and find the stuff and cut it down.....and then convince your husband that under no uncertain terms will the baby come into contact with this "poison." Ahem. Kevy and I have this discussion just about every year. It's all good. He lets me hang the poison, I don't let the boys play ball to knock down the poison, I don't spend any money for decorations, no one eats the berries, and it's really just a win-win situation for all! And then, we go through the whole process again come winterberry season! OH! How I LOOOOOVE my poison!

:: Oh heavens. A large apology had to be made to my "girls" this morning. My duckies, just very recently, began sporting a curled back tail feather. For some reason, I have JUST noticed this. Which means.....my girls....are really BOYS. Poor things. I think I've given them a complex.

:: Seriously. How cute is this? The girls heard us inside puttering in the kitchen, and came to scope out the situation this morning. Little chicky prints.

:: Here lies my next big project. Anytime we go for a drive in the boonies or a walk in the woods, I am bringing home as many large rocks as the car trunk and Kevy will allow. One time, we were dragging so low, we had to pull over and ditch a few. That was a sad day! Once I have enough accumulated, I'm going to lay big tarps around the back perimeter of my garden where the poison ivy grows prolific. Then, I'm going to lay a whole whack of mulch hay and build my own rock wall over that junk. I can't kill it, but I can suffocate the snot out of it.

:: I'm sure you knew this, but an el cheapo, super cute fall and winter decorating idea is to dry oranges, apples, limes, and lemons in your oven on a very low heat and make your own super cute potpouri. It smells yummy, too.

:: Just don't forget that you have said decor in your oven while preheating it for supper. This was batch number one. Fabulous.

:: Here's another little fall project I'm plucking away at. Well, really Dad and I are kind of having fun with this. Whenever we get together, we ride around and scope out birch trees to cut down.

:: Then I bring them home and make these bad boys. I'm planning to start selling a few here and there. Anybody want one? Think CHRISTMAS presents!!!......


Happy Fall, my friends!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Love this post!
Good idea to smother the poison ivy...hope it works for you! Nasty stuff...The most annoying thing we have here is burdock (and I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right...). It's lots of fun to pull out of little girls hair...
I had to laugh hard at your transgendered duckies!!! :o) Who knew???!
Have a great week, friend...