An Egg-ceptional Day!

Upon letting our girls out of their coop this morning, we looked down and happened to notice one of our little ladies camping out in our ducks' nest. Hmmmm. We thought to ourselves. Could this be the day? Might they be getting ready to lay? Did we honestly and truly NOT buy duds for chickens?

Well. We waited.
We gave them some privacy.
We wondered why they weren't using one of THEIR own three nests, but whatever. We've been completely whacked with this first time experience anyway - calling our female turkey, "Mr. Turk," and thinking our male ducks were girls right up until a week or so ago. Why NOT use the duck's nest for laying chicken eggs? It seems to suit our little dysfunctional bird family, doesn't it?

A few hours later......
what to our wondering eyes should appear???????

Hawt Dawg!!! This is fan-FLIPPING-tastic! I am pumped!!!!!!

I am a real farmer! I am a real farmer! I am a real farmer!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Score!!! WOOO-HOO!!!! Did you totally cherish each and every first egg like I did? Poultry gold, I tell you, poultry gold...

Kristi said...

That's soooo cool!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Fresh eggs! How nice! what did you do with them?! They're in a pretty little bowl on your table, aren't they?!?!....hahaha -- enjoy!