Snippets of our Day

First thing after rolling out of bed each day, there is this:

After showers, breakfast, picking up and making beds, there's a whole lot of THIS which makes for the need of the tidying up process to repeat itself:

After he goes to nap, there are a couple of hours of this:

And then lunch. Then the big shoo outside until naptime before winter coops us up forever. So, we go and say hi to the girls and boys:

And Thanksgiving:

There is some of this EVERY day or I will never ever get ahead:

And then there is lots of this where all of the world's problems are solved, where meaningful discussions such as "Do I have to say excuse me for burping when I'm outside because being outside is different and besides, there's no company here." take place; and where I can't for the life of me teach these boys how to pump their legs the proper way happens:

And then today, there were just enough leaves off of the trees for this to take place:

And this:

And some of this in which many MANY leaves and sticks were partaken of:

And now they sleep.
And then supper.
And after that baths (if they're lucky.....which they're usually not)
Stories or games
And then bedtime.

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established."

Father, give us that wisdom and understanding.....and teach us to number our days.

My daily prayer: "Jesus, help me to SLOW and see the sacred in the chaos."

1 comment:

ange said...

AMEN & amen...