Zero for Three

So, this was our third Friday in a row hitting the trails during Ransom's morning nap looking for the elusive partridge. While he is still taking two naps a day, we have this wee little window of time to be able to go out and about and actually DO something on our family day. So, for the majority of our family days, we just throw the morning nap to the wind and go and do - otherwise, we'd be trapped at home all morning. Sometimes, this works out great....other times, not so much.

Anyway, on the way to our spot, Kev and I were talking up front. I believe our conversation went a little bit like this:

Kevy: I'd be surprised if we actually shot a bird on one of these trips.
Me: I'd be SHOCKED!!!!
Kevy: (Slightly offended) Why would you be "SHOCKED"?
Me: Uuuuhhhhh....Because your four "helpers" (I include myself here, because I'm totally along for the drive and things I can find to decorate my house with) don't do a whole lot of helping!

Allow me to demonstrate with pictures:

THIS:

and this:

lasts for about five minutes.
Until the boredom sets in.
And the crazyness.
And the "hooligan-ism."

Exhibit A:

and B:

and C:

and D: - THIS one is NO good........


I rest my case.
The poor soul is off hunting on his own while the natives sleep it off.

No comments: