Hunting Season & Random Life Stuff

~ I just made pudding for dessert. And I taught Kaden how to slurp it from his spoon. Horrible manners, I know - but I've always slurped my pudding ever since I was a little girl. Only from the comforts of my own home, of course. Never out in public. And I am SURE that Kaden will never embarass me in public with this new found joy that I've just bestowed upon him.

~ I cut both of my big boys' hair this week. Always have. I bribe them to sit still and not complain with lollipops. When they sit still, the outcome looks half decent. When they're wiggly - their hair definitely looks like Mommy cut it. Jesse was slightly wiggly. Enough said.

~ This is Lou. I love Lou. He came over for camp coffee yesterday.


~ My sanity from Pennsylvania came and visited with me for a week with her two daughters. We had a grand old time, and now I miss her like crazy and feel very lonely.

~ This is Ransom playing chess. He is very brilliant.


~ My ducks have decided to desert me and go and live over at my neighbor Arlo's house because he has a big pond. I had to make him some treats and go over for a visit to make sure that this new arrangement was okay with him. He promised he would neither eat them nor shoot them. I promised I would never again get ducks.

~ It snowed yesterday. I was very not impressed with that. My boys however - all of them - were thrilled.

~ Kevy has been getting up at the CRACK 'o dawn to try and shoot da turdy point buck that is destined for our freezer. There's a song about da turdy pointer, you know. There's also a video of what da turdy pointer tinks about da hunters:

No comments: