Some Wee Updates

Whew! It's been awhile since I've last posted. As it becomes more summer-like here, I tend to "sit" less and less.

We are outside most of our waking hours doing lots of walks and bike rides, lots of looking for new little critters, and lots of exploring and park visiting. Our polywogs have now moved to their luxury suite in the backyard and are happily swimming around in Kaden's old kiddie pool. And I'm seriously thinking of trying to sweet talk Kaden into releasing his little salamanders. I'm just starting to feel bad for them all cooped up in their tiny cage. What sort of life is that? We could always look for new ones to take their place! And just today, he found a long "thousand legger" centipede thingy at church that bites, so I'm told. Sick-aroo, but I said he could keep it. So, maybe this could take "Ant-Ant" & "Joshua's" place???

I've never been a fan of keeping things caged. No matter how little something may be. Even when these tadpoles start to get huge, I plan to release them at the school's pond. And someday I want chickens - but only if they can roam free! My brother thinks that is a numb idea, but that's what I want someday....

So let's see...what else.....Every once in awhile on a Saturday family day, we just kind of head out for an adventure with no particular destiny in mind. Yesterday was one of those sorts of days. We ended up going out to breakfast where Jesse acted absolutely WILD, but it was still fun and yummy. Then we came home so he could take his morning nap. When he woke up - only a half hour later because he's back to napping REALLY horribly - we hit the road again, and went to a fun little Amish market and then.....oh my heart palpitates just writing about this......we found FOUR yard sales! Whooo-hooooo! Tis the season! I was so excited! We didn't even find any great treasures, it was just so much fun to poke around.

Okay. That's all for now. I have lots of things that have been on mind to write about lately, but all in good time. Happy Sunday, all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Amy,
How I love you for loving life. I praise God with every post that you and Kev spend so much time together as a family and give your children a love for the simple things in life. I sometimes wish I could take back those early years and do things differently. Yet...God is showing me day by day that He has a dream for me. God has a GOOD purpose and plan for me in this time of history. I can touch lives that nobody else can because God has planned it that way. Isn't that amazing! Thanks for all your posts. I love, love, love you all.
--Brenda

Esther said...

Hey girl,
Just wanted you to know that I have posted twice in the past 2 days! Also, it sounds like you guys are enjoying spring down there. Today I went out and raked my flower beds - so exciting to see flowers coming up!

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on the caged critters...usually hate the zoo, but must say I loved it with Natalie on Monday! She was totally cute--show you pictures this weekend! woo hoo!