A New Day

It's amazing what some time spent with the Lord, two naps, a teary conversation with my Mom, a change in the weather, sweet comments from friends, a morning out at MOPS, and some good, quality time spent with my little family can do for the soul! It doesn't hurt that our plan to come HOME for a bit is finally solidified, as well! Seriously, I feel so much better today. Wow - if I neglect my time with the Lord and if I get overtired, it's a pretty overwhelming place to be.

I so badly want to start my day before the rest of my family - just to get ready for the day and have my quiet time first. But, I am really having a hard time figuring out how to do it in this space. Jesse is such a light sleeper, that whoever gets up first - even to use the bathroom - he's up right along with them...even if they had full intentions to go back to bed for a bit! He sleeps in a pack 'n play in the kitchen to be as far away from any noise as possible, the two bedrooms are obviously occupied, and the living room is not an option because it opens right up into the kitchen. And like I said before, if anyone uses the bathroom, he hears it because the kitchen wall is attached to the bathroom wall. So, I'm a wee bit stumped.

Anyway, I've got some plans for implementing more structure for both of my boys, but I'm not going to introduce anything new until we get back from vacation. Then, we shall start afresh. I'll keep you posted on the plans!

P.S. Did I mention that we're coming home on MONDAY?!!!! Whoo-hoooooooooooooooo!

8 comments:

Trish D said...

So glad you're in a better place - I seriously feel like EVERYONE I've spoken to lately is in the same place... It was great to see you yesterday, btw (even if I only said about 12 words to you!)

As for helping with the sleeping situation, have you tried white noise? Perhaps a fan or even a radio turned down really low? It may take a few days, but could really be a blessing in the long run.

Enjoy your trip!

Signing off,
Your computer brain :)

Life With My Joys..... said...

Sweet Trish - I am not exaggerating when I say we have four fans on high at night. Maybe a fifth will do the trick? :0)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to get home! Hope we get to see you! Last time just wasn't long enough!

Esther said...

Monday! Yay! Can't wait till Monday! We have to see you! Let us know when you'll be in this area and we should plan a gathering.

Shay said...

It was super to see you yesterday and I'm so glad you are feeling better today! Did you get my message today? I'll be on your doorstep Friday morning! ;)

Trish D said...

So much for my amazing insights ;) As I see it, your only option now is to petition the nearest air base to change their flight patterns so that constantly have planes flying overhead. Am I brilliant or what?

Life With My Joys..... said...

Trishy-poo..you ROCK! you SO rock! Seriously, you do. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Had no idea you'd be here this soon! whoopee! Of course others will get priority since we just saw you. I've got something in the mail to you, but maybe I'll just send it anyway, so Kaden can get mail when you get back. Mail is so fun when you're little.
xoxo Shannie