A FANTASTIC Resource!

I have found - thanks to a friend - an awesome awesome blog with some awesome awesome links and resources out there specifically directed to teens and college age youth. However, I think it's awesome for any age as it is so jam packed full of great stuff. (I really wanted to say "awesome stuff" but felt that I had already overused that word). :0)

Joshua Harris (the guy who wrote the book I Kissed Dating Good-bye) has two twin brothers who share a blog that has essentially become a full-blown website. You can check them out here. They have called themselves the Rebelution and this is why:

"The official definition of the 'rebelution' is "a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture." When you look around today, in terms of godly character and practical competence, our culture does not expect much of us young people. We are not only expected to do very little that is wise or good, but we're expected to do the opposite. "

Anyway, they write about anything and everything from sex to character to doing hard things, to becoming men and women to leadership etc. etc. etc. They even conducted a modesty survey awhile back that got 500,000 responses in just a few hours! So, go check them out - and check out all of their links on their sidebar, as well.

Good stuff. LOVE it.......it's awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ames-- just curious if anything is going on this weekend with the Cooks! I know you'd mentioned it (or maybe Shannie did) but I couldn't remember if you'd said a day . . . Friday doesn't work for me, but other than that, I think I'm free! Love you! Hope you and the boys can get out and run around in the sun today. :)

Shannon said...

Glad you found their site. Awesome isn't a good enough word for it. :) Hope you got out and a bit of that 'space' that you needed this afternoon. I know the feeling!:)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm free all day Saturday . . . actually, I'm free Friday until five in the afternoon (when I go to work). Soooo let me know!

Anonymous said...

*ahem*

I'm free Friday between 1:30 and 4:30 PM. (I go into work at 5:00 PM.)

Ahhh, the joys of multi-tasking. :) Sorry about the confusing messages!

Shay said...

I haven't even gotten to the youth rebel site you were talking about, because I got so entranced by your friend Shannons's blog, and from there I got happily lost in a little apron pattern that she linked to that I MUST make! So cute! I promise to go look at the rebels shortly though! :)