Our Newest Acquisition

As of this afternoon, I have yet another new centerpiece for my kitchen table to go right along with our two salamanders. We have now acquired a small bucket filled with a few hundred baby polywogs! This is very exciting as some of them have not even hatched out of their jelly! I have a very cool book that teaches all about tadpoles and frogs, and hopefully some of them will live long enough for us to be able to see them grow into full-fledged froggies. We shall watch and see. The book says it'll take about twelve weeks. It's not looking too hopeful with all of the handling that they are getting.....

We'll keep 'em on the table for a week or so, but then we're going to move them to a luxury suite in the backyard - their very own kiddie pool. Kaden can't resist holding them and giving them snuggles, and I've already scraped several off of the table and rescued others from his chair. I have visions of them landing on the floor for scrumptious little Jesse snacks. So, very soon, they shall be moved.

For now - there's a whole lotta' creatures starting to take over my domain.......

For those of you who were wondering - "Ant Ant" and "Joshua" seem to be getting along famously, and our wax worms have yet to become beetles....although one has shed his skin. Disgust-o.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, Amy-- you are amazing.

That's all. :)

I love you!

Esther said...

It sounds like you are starting your own little farm over there. Or perhaps a zoo? Wow, you are a very loving mother to allow all that stuff onto your kitchen table! By the way I posted a blog the other day after your very demanding comment : )

Shay said...

"scrumptious little Jesse snacks" Oh my gosh I am dying laughing! :P