A Week-end Away

According to my (not so very) vast amount of personality/temperament knowledge about myself, I am a "task-oriented people person." In non-scientific terms, it means that I love to be around people; I love doing things WITH people, but I am also very much a get-er-done-er. I like to be getting things accomplished WHILE I am with people.

SO.

A scrapbooking week-end away with a bunch of my peeps is an absolutely perfect getaway for this girl. I get to work on my photo albums - which I really only work on about once a year, but I get to do it with my gerls.

Oh man. Bliss.

Every March, from a Friday afternoon to a Sunday afternoon, we spend our days at the lovely Bar Harbor Inn - overlooking the ocean, we drink vast amounts of coffee, we stay up way WAY too late, we go out to eat, we get take out to eat, we buy treats to eat, and we visit and catch up on life, share our hearts and our hurts, laugh and act ridiculous, and just have an all around glorious time. While working on our scrapbooks.

It. is. lovely. I tell you.

All in all, I worked on 108 pages. To be fair - I only did 45 pages from start to finish, I had 34 other pages done (from three years ago) that needed to be journaled in - so I finished those, and I did everything BUT the journaling on 29 more. But, no one really cares about that but me, I am aware. My point being - my task was accomplished!

And the fellowship was wonderful. Some friends who I see often and others who I only hang with this one time a year. All in various stages of life and ministry and work and philosophy and dreams and desires and hopes and struggles and victories.

All of us in process.
All of us on a journey.
Friends and sisters spending a couple of days together away from our regularly scheduled lives.

And now I am home.
Refreshed and ready to be back in the world of my men.


And I think they kind of missed me.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Glad you had a fun getaway Amy :) Tom and I stayed in Bar Harbor on our honeymoon.