St. Patrick's Day

:: Today, the kids woke up and found a new Tom & Jerry cartoon waiting for them to watch first thing this morning while I made them a special breakfast. (Green Eggs & Ham, fresh orange juice, and a bunch of green doo-dads).

The boys found the green eggs to be disgusting. It was a colossal flop.

I believe Kaden's words were: "Cool, Mommy...but kinda' gross."
Jesse's were: "Gross. I'm NOT eating these.

And the only reason why we had fresh orange juice is because we were out of toilet paper. I'm not a huge fan of going into a store and ONLY buying toilet paper...so I bought the orange juice to go along with it. It made it look like the juice is what I really needed this morning, right? And it turns out that it was, because juice is what the boys ate for breakfast...


:: This is my new wall decor...

The scores from our last Farkle game taped onto my living room wall.
Do you see who won?
Methinks he's gloating just a wee bit...


:: This is what Ransom wants to do all day - invite the girls inside to play.

He's his mother's son.

Sir Hooligan has now officially gone from two naps a day to one, long, behemoth nap right after lunch all the way through to supper. Makes for some loooong mornings, but for some rather refreshing afternoons!


:: It's official. The wellies (galoshes, spelunkers, rain boots, what-have-you's) are now officially out. My boys - never the fans of change - we not overly thrilled with this declaration.

There was a lot of: "Mine are too big!" "Mine are too small!" "I'm going to get snow inside these!" "Why can't I just wear my sneakers?" etc. etc. etc.

In the famous wise, wise words of MY father: "They'll get over it. If they don't - so what?"

I am my father's daughter.


Despite the complaints about the wellies, and despite the colds that still plague my household...the weather outside is glorious today, so outside we all went.

This is silly string soup.

It's what they did with their St. Patrick's day green silly string.
I don't get it either.
But the boys were entertained.
And they both only fell in the mud one time each.


:: These are green, sugar cookies that the kids had after playing outside.

They went over way better than the eggs.
I think the reeses' cups crunched up in them helped a little.

Then we read some stories.
Now my boys are sleeping.
Praise Jesus.
I love my boys.
I am also quite fond of naptimes.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Woo-hoo to patches of bare ground!
We never have done anything for St. Patty's...great ideas! (in fact, I had even forgotten it was today) I think we'll party it up next year...minus the green eggs. :-)

Katie said...

HA . . . Kaden's note made me shriek with laughter (causing my brother to ask me what on earth I was doing). Also, I agree--the weather is/was GORGEOUS. Hurrah for wellies!

Caleb said...

Check out those mugs, perfect for OJ haha!! What a way to start the morning;).
Miss Ya'll.