Spring Ahead!

Well. Even though springing forward kicked me in the patootie...holy hannah, I think I felt it more this year than ever before...

I do so love the fact that Spring does seem to be peeking its little head around the corner!


Do you see this? There is actually some of my yard exposed!
Oh glorious day!

In honor of this fantastic occasion, I'm reminded of a little Spring ditty that I read once in my Archie comic books:

Spring has sprung!
The grass has riz!
I wonder where
the flowers is?


Yesterday was our first really warm day where the kids could actually be outside with no winter jackets, so we dug out all of the bikes, trikes, and all things with wheels - and for hours, they did laps around our little deck!


Sir Rancey Pants taking it all in...


This little push car has gone through its paces. Sweet Amber gave me this when Kaden was a baby. (Remember, Amber?) ALL three of my boys loved this thing!


Big Bro showing Ransom the ropes.



Aaaand a yard sale purchase this is sure to bring a split lip and cracked open skull before the season is over!

Aaaaah! Spring!
I can feel it in the air!

463. Sunshine.
464. Longer days.
465. Less articles of clothing.
466. Garden planning.
467. The ratio of hours outside to inside becoming more balanced.
468. Chickies roaming free in a few more weeks.
469. Seeing grass!
470. Buds on trees.
471. Wellie boots.
472. Seeds to purchase.
473. And start inside!
474. Boys on bikes.

Aaaaah.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ah! That's the little pushcar on which Jesse pushed Kaden around your PBU apartment . . . three years ago, when we stopped in after my family picked me up. Good grief.

Love you guys.

Kristi said...

Seeing grass is a beautiful thing, isn't it?! There is HOPE in the air these days, for sure...there's some flurries flying around the air right now, but -- I don't care, 'cause we've lost about 3 feet of snow in the last week, so -- I'm happy!!!