Ponderings...


(A picture of our house during that crazy thirty minute blizzard that we had yesterday....completely random with nothing to do with this post....just thought it looked cool....)

Right now, I am wondering:

:: Why Kaden puked in the night last night? He felt great before, he felt great afterward, and he's felt great all day. Weird. He hasn't puked since he was two.

:: When oh when is Spring EVER going to arrive? I hate winter. Not ashamed to admit it. Blast that blasted snow. Be gone with you!

:: How exactly I'm going to reach my co-workers at work. The more I learn about them the more I realize that what we are offering needs some serious re-tweaking. It's a whole different world out there than it was even just a few years ago. It's crazy.

:: What's wrong with my elbow? For about a year now, I have had this nagging shooting pain in my elbow that goes all the way down to my wrist. It's been an off again on again thing until about four or five months ago, and now it's constant. Again. Weird.

:: Why do I have to pull my whole head of hair off my face for waittressing? I look like a freak right out of fairyland, and I feel like I'm twelve years old. Not the feeling I'm going for. It's also making me have to grow my thousand layers of hair out longer than I want to in order to be able to pull my hair off of my face. Not my favorite.

:: What we're going to do tomorrow for Family Day? I'll give us all three guesses...

:: Will Kevin let me get a goat this summer? They are cute, they are friendly, and they love to eat poison ivy. I am deathly allergic to poison ivy and I get it about a thousand times every summer. I think those factors outweigh their naughtiness factor. Kevin disagrees. That's a problem.

:: Will Kevin let me get a cow instead? Not going to happen.

:: Will Kevin let me get another turkey? Pretty sure that's a no-go, as well. I can't help it that I fell in love with my turkey and almost cried when he butchered it. He knows I'm not a real farmer. It takes practice. I think I need more practice with another turkey. He thinks not.

:: How does one balance life in such a way so as not to get burnt out, not to hurt people when one has to make hard choices, not to offend others who may disagree with you, show people that you still love them no matter what, and all the while try to live out life the way one feels God wants them too? That's a toughy....

:: Will Jesse ever go one day in his life without cutting, bruising, or hurting himself in such a way that draws blood, elicits screams, and makes his Mama unable to do a really nice close-up family picture. Ever. The answer is no.

:: Will I EVER be able to wake up before the hoolies and exercise? Could they ever possibly sleep in until 7:00?

:: Should I invite Lew over for dessert tonight or tomorrow? I miss him.

:: Who will get the boot from Amerian Idol tonight? I like the funky Casey boy and two blonde girls who's names I can't remember. One is fifteen and the other has long curly hair with a husky voice. Love them.

:: Should we get a dog for the boys this summer? Not sure I'm ready for a 4th child yet. Three of my men are feeling ready. Not a fan of the stench or the hair. I always had a dog growing up. Mom always did all the work. I'm quite sure that's how it would go down in this house, too.

:: Should I be worried that my six-year old quite repeatedly and astoundingly creams me at Mancala almost every time we play?

:: Will I homeschool Kaden again next year? At this present moment - 3:46 p.m. on a Wednesday evening, methinks I will.

:: If I lived somewhere else and no-one knew me, I would dress completely differently - far more funky, I would have two or three peircings, I would have a tat of all of my boys' names, and I would have some pretty punky hair. So, why don't I do it now? That's something to chew on. People would think it wasn't really me. But, maybe right now, I'm not being really me. On the outside, I mean. I'm totally me on the inside. Hmn. Interesting.

:: Ever think about any of these things?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

i love your thoughts. and i wouldn't judge you for getting a tatoo and having crazy hair - i think it would suit you...and i think you've talked about it before...so, i say: go for it!! And...i loved the pic of your house - thanks for posting it. and...i think Kev should definetely get you a goat, if they eat poison ivy -- that alone is reason enough...and they are wicked cute!!!

Love you.

Rachael said...

Wow. That's a whole lot roaming around untamed and unbridled in that brain of yours. And yet, I found each thought more fascinating than the last...and loved them all. I especially would love to see you go hard core punk...would you mind seeing me bald? 'Cause if I didn't care it's totally what I'd do. And a definite yes to the goat. C'mon, Kev...just say yes to the goat. :-)
I adore you and your thoughts! Hope Kaden isn't coming down with anything...tis the season, you know.
Oh, and thanks for validating my feelings of bitterness towards winter not ending! There, that about sums up my thoughts regarding your thoughts. :-)

Angie said...

Oh, Amy I love you! I love that two of your desires is to get a goat and some tattoo's! ;) And I think yes to both! I am sooo at the point in my life that if I want a tattoo, I'mma gonna get me one. :) And not from a rebellious heart...I just feel such a freedom from what other Christian's think that if they wanna judge me for something that is truly none of their business, they can. And while they're judging, I'll be rockin' a great tattoo! Wanna go together and get one??? Dare you! Come to Toronto! We have lots of great tattoo artists here. :) And GREAT secondhand shopping!