Plan B

Well, today was one of those days when I woke up I knew exactly what was on the agenda for our Family Day. That would be - or I should say, would HAVE BEEN - Cabellas. Shocker? Not so much....

It would have gone down like this:
:: Wake up to the sun shining, birds singing, and no snow (Oh wait. That's my dreams).
:: Wake up to the sun shining and birds singing...I'll take that for now.
:: Shower - I've learned my lesson with my Hubby. ALWAYS shower - one never knows where one might end up on Family Day.
:: Eat a quicky breakfast
:: Grab our "go bag" for the kids
:: Hop in the car.
:: Possibly grab a coffee for the road trip.
:: ROAD TRIP!!! - (Where in the perfect world, Ransom naps the whole way to Portland and the boys play happily and somewhat quietly. In the real world, Ransom usually naps part of the way, begs for snacks the rest of the way, and the boys are rowdy and loud).
:: Arrive at said destination for the day and play, explore, eat snacks, get lost for funsies, walk around somewhere, you know the drill....
:: Drive home - (Where in the perfect world, all THREE boys would sleep and Kevin and I would have two hours of bliss to talk about our lives. In the real world, some nap while others beg for snacks. Then, those others fall asleep only to be awakened by the cries of those who were once napping waking up to legs that have fallen asleep, sore back, or what-have-you).
:: Get home.
:: Put hoolies to bed.
:: Pop in a frozen pizza for my Love, and he and I have all the rest of the evening to ourselves.
:: GLORIOUS.


Today, however, it went down like this:

:: I woke up to the sun shining and instead of the birds singing - to the sounds of my Love woofing his cookies in the bathroom. Poor Man.
:: Me and the hoolies not knowing what to do with ourselves.
:: Back up plan needed in a hurry.

So, Plan B went down like this:

:: No shower.
:: A trip to the store looking like I just rolled out of bed, because I did, in which I buy all sorts of this:

(The candy was to ease my children's sorrow at the news of no road trip...and let's be honest, mine too).
:: MANY games of Mancala with Kaden in which he won the majority. Exhibit A:

(I believe I ended with 9 Mancala stones in my bucket. I needed 28 just to TIE. He's a demon at this game! And I seriously play my hardest. I take no prisoners even at CandyLand. I cannot beat this kid at Mancala!).
:: Breakfasts of toast.
:: Lunch of Maypo.
:: Supper of English Muffins. (Well rounded, dontcha' think? When one of us is down, we're all down! If Kevy doesn't want real food, the rest of us are blissfully happy with carbs).
:: Tons of T.V.
:: All day in our p.j.s.
:: A very VERY slow and lazy day for everyone.
:: And many prayers that this does not go through the whole family.

P.S. Good News! At 5:15 p.m., Kevy is making coffee. This is a very good sign! Let's see if tomorrow is a repeat of today just with different players. Here's hoping NOT......

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh, glorious of glories. It seems EVERYONE that I talk to has some infestation of some sort in their home! Hope Kev's feeling better....and I also hope he doesn't share!!!