On Living the "Sent Life"

I love this:


It's so simple!

Missional = To go.
Incarnational = To take on flesh.

If missional means "to go," incarnation is about "how" we go and what people see as we go. It encompasses our posture, our tone, our motives, and our heart. They are inseparable twins, and one without the other is not nearly as effective as when both live side by side. Living the incarnational life is critical because it will eventually determine whether or not people will want to know us and our God.
- Tangible Kingdom -

"The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood...."
~ John 1:14 (The Message) ~

Is this what my neighbors and co-workers see when they look at me?

All throughout Scripture, Jesus "showed up" in the middle of real life. So many times, amazing things happened "along the way" as the disciples were just living out their lives. This is how I want it to be in my life and with my family. Just as we're living out life...as we are "being Christ" to our neighbors and our co-workers, the people we "just happen" to run into, and the divine interruptions that God allows along the way.

This is becoming the prayer of our family:

"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our very lives as well, because you had become so dear to us..."
~ I Thessalonians 2:8-9 ~

5 comments:

Angie said...

This is great Amy. So wish we could get together for a coffee...miss you. We will chat soon! I just know it! I just noticed that kellie hampton made it to your blog roll...isn't she awesome?? aren't her girls just the sweetest?? I just love reading her thoughts...she writes and expresses things like I only wish I could. As do you. Which is why I leave the blogging to ladies like you two. :) My thoughts are just too jumbled up at this stage to actually make sense. It's the fourth...seriously. Brain is officially mush now. Keep waiting on it to come back...but, it's not lookin' good. ;) anyways, have a wonderful day with your sweet, gorgeous boys! xoxoxo

Rachael said...

So so good, Amy...
Angie...you make me laugh! I guess I'd better stop at three...not enough brain cells left to spare! :-)

Trish D said...

Good stuff! I'm really being "stretched" lately, as so many of my friendships down here are people that 5 years ago I couldn't have seen myself spending real time with. One friend is into some freaky new agey stuff, which is really forcing me to dig into scripture to formulate responses to her questions (what an amazing opportunity!). Recently struck up a conversation with a school mom who is covered in tattooes - and we're getting together this week. I'm also going to start volunteering at a small, local museum - it's a strange path, but I know without a doubt that God is calling me to that place right now.

Anyway, I love this thread that's been running through your posts lately, and find it so encouraging to see how you guys are stepping out. It might be comfortable to gather in "churchy" situations, but we need to spill our salt into the world...

Chantelle said...

Yep, solid stuff that we should all be doing!

LMM said...

WOW! I LOVE THIS VIDEO! And loved what Trish D said in her comment. The Spirit is moving, Amy, all across the world. It's exciting! Would love to talk to you about this.
-Lori Mousseau