Today...

Right now...

:: I am taking advantage of the fact that my kids can't tell time yet, and since they're looking like the Walking Dead anyway, I put them all down to nap 1 1/2 hours early. We shall see how that pans out.

:: I am loving how much little Ransom loves his big brother and gives him more unsolicited lovies than ANY of the rest of us. He is well aware that Kaden is not feeling up to par today.


:: I thought about doing P90X, but instead I sat down to the computer with my coffee and a donut to type this post. Hmn. I wonder how far "thinking" will get me. The funny thing is, I don't even really like donuts. Although, I AM seeing a pattern. Yesterday, I thought about going for a run, and I ate a bowl of Lucky Charms instead. Methinks I need to think a little harder....

:: My chickies broke free yesterday, and they were so happy to be able to run up and down our one patch of lawn that has no snow...I didn't have the heart to pen them in again.

Seriously. I love my chickens. They make me happy.

And they love me. I'm like a chicken whisperer with my girls. As soon as I step outside, they come running to me.

(It could be the fact that I always have little treats in my pockets...but I like to think that they just love me for ME! It does wonders for my ego).

And curses upon all the foxes in the world....

:: I went to the library this morning and came home with these:

I LOVE the library. I love everything about it, and I come home with as many books as I can carry. I went in for just one specific book ("Green Eggs & Ham" for St. Patrick's Day, tomorrow), but I came home with thirty. Hello, school for the day. I can do that, 'cause I'm the teacher.

And little sick boys like to cuddle on the couch with their Mommy and read new books. And Mommies like to cuddle with their sick little boys and read fun, new, exciting books, as well - as opposed to that same, favorite book for the one zillionth time. Just for a change...

:: I had a really nice, spontaneous breakfast out with a friend who's up for a visit this morning. Sweet Kevy stayed home with the Sicklets, so we could meet up for a couple of hours. I loved catching up. I love that we do life and church and relationships differently. I love that we're not cookie cutter people doing the same exact thing. I love that just as God is unique, so has He made each of us different and unique with different giftings and personalities, and different dreams and ways that He wants us to live out our lives here on Earth. Different is good. If our lives are purpose-driven and sold out to the ONE who gives us purpose, and if we seek to honor Him and strive to live how He is asking us to live...it's good. And it's actually pretty cool.

:: I love that it's raining. This means the snow is melting. Snow in Maine - in March - is gross. Nothing nice about it.

:: I think Kaden is hacking up a lung in his bed. I'd better go check out the situation.

:: And then I'll think about going for a run...

4 comments:

rachael a said...

oooh. . that picture of Ransom snuggling Kaden is the sweetest. such dearies. tell K miss Rachie is sad that he's sick. :(

Katie said...

I love this post . . . and really love the contrast of the blonde baby and the dark-haired Kaden . . .

Love love love LOVE to all of you.

Kristi said...

Yeah, that pic of Ransom and Kaden is adorable...and I LOVE LOVE the library also -- so does Jonah, he near has a fit every time we leave it. ugh. its so cool, though - I still marvel that I can take all the books I want (well -- 25 is the limit, i believe) and I don't have to pay a cent! WHAT?!?! :)

Kristi said...

ha -- I just read your comment on my blog -- well, my dear...if THOUGHTS were good enough, I'd be sooo in shape, a size 6 and wouldn't even break a sweat in a 10 mile marathon...sooooo not the case. ugh. and I just finished off a cupcake that was started earlier today. oops.