Reconnecting

I had a nice gift today - well, two really - all wrapped up in one! I've been wanting to visit with my friend Shannon for awhile - I've owed her a phone message for some time now, but my days are always so crazy with Jesse. So while Kaden was napping, just as soon as I laid Jesse down, I literally raced to the phone to call her. There's no guarantees these days for how long my wee one stays down, so I figured I wouldn't have much time. Anyhoo, we had a delightful conversation that just kept stretching on and on, and suddenly I looked down at my watch and realized that we had talked for a LONG time and Jesse was STILL NAPPING! Whew! Good times! My Jesse-doo napped for almost two hours this afternoon - a record for him. I think it's probably due to his shots yesterday so I'm not getting my hopes up. But, the Lord gave me a really nice gift in allowing me to have a wonderful catch up visit without tears and interruptions. (Well, once Kaden woke up there were several interruptions - and actually a few tears now that I think of it because he bonked his head on the table) - but overall, it was quite lovely and oh so nice to catch up with this dear friend. Shannie - you are AWESOME through and through. An inspiration to me in many ways - truly. Miss you and love you!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Amy,
I love how you update your blog in chunks! It takes me sooo long to read all your updates : ) Anyway, glad that you got to talk with Shan today and have some down time with Kaden last night. Tell him Scott and Esther say hi!
love,
me

Unknown said...

Thanks Ame. I loved talking to you too. And it is you who inspire. Especially with your thoughts in the post about naps and quality time with your boys. Oh so hard to die to self! I love you. Thanks so much for the encouragement.