Bad Day

Whew!
Today was crazy. Here's why:

~ Jesse cried for most of the day and only took 2 twenty minute naps.
~ I'm missing my friend who just moved away.
~ I washed Kaden's new jacket that we got on a yard sale and somehow ripped a hole in it.
~ In doing laundry, I also somehow flooded our laundry room floor.
~ Jesse had a diaper blowout that destroyed his entire outfit AND Kaden's bedding.
~ .......Just after I had done our laundry!
~ Our house has been in chaos all day as I'm trying to pack, and I hate messiness.
~ I told a friend no to babysitting and am feeling guilty about it.
~ And I trashed the coleslaw that Kev wanted to eat! (Don't feel too bad about that one, but he was irritated! :0)

Yup. It's been one of those days.

HOWEVER......Right now I'm feeling great. Know why? We are going to Lancaster for three nights and are leaving first thing in the morning! We're just feeling the need to get away for a few days and have some family bonding time away from life for a bit. I can't wait. We have absolutely no agenda - we just want to be together and play - with no work and no distractions.

Sweet sanity.

2 comments:

Angie said...

oh...those days...no fun. i hope that you guys are having an amazing time away together and that you come home feeling happy and calm inside. call me sometime. i love you ame.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...hope your visit in Lancaster was all you dreamed it would be -- hope it was fun and very relaxing...what a great time of year to be there, too!!!...hope you are doing okay -- Would love to chat with you...miss ya, old friend...and love ya lots!