Fall is in the Air

Finally!

I think that this is my most favorite time of year. Everything is so bright and crisp, and the air smells so yummy. I love decorating our front steps with different kinds of funky pumpkins and gourds, and what I really love most of all is........BITTERSWEET!

Truly - if I knew how to put pictures up on this blog, I would. I really need to get Kev to show me how to do this. I'm quite computer illiterate, but I'm sure I could figure out how to post some pics. I love love love love love collecting bittersweet berries and making all kinds of crazy wreaths and swags. I love sticking them in sap buckets with other sticks and branches and putting them all over the place. The berries are poisonous to both animals and babies, so one must be quite careful where they display them, but when placed properly - they are just beautious!

Kev dreads this time of year because I'm always on the lookout for the stuff and I'm always begging him to stop and help me wade through the thorns and climb up the trees to get the ones that are the most plump and full. I totally love bringing the outdoors inside. It's my most favorite way to decorate - sticks, leaves, rocks, and berries. I love it!

People out here aren't quite sure what to think of me, but I have at least one converter....my dear friend Rachel who just left me and moved away. So, my friend - you said you'd book a ticket when the bittersweet came on.....come on back for a visit and we shall go traipsing through the forest! Tis the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently put out some fall potpourri you'd given me in a Christmas past. So pretty! Added some leaves to it that Nat and I found on one of our walks. Made me think of you and miss you. Love, Shannie