Kaden Q. Bookaroo

I have been craving some quality time with my oldest lately where I'm not holding Jesse with one arm or where we're not listening to Jesse's cries in the background. Last evening, quite unexpectedly we got this! Jesse had just had his shots, so I fully expected him to be extra clingy and crabby. Kev was hunting all afternoon and evening, so I was expecting a long, drawn out evening where I would just have to endure!

However, Jesse was sooo mellow all afternoon and evening. It was so nice! We all went for a long walk and Kaden and I had fun telling stories and just talking about what we were seeing as we were walking. Jesse just sat and chewed on some rings - no squawking or fussing. It was lovely! Then, on our way home, we stopped off at a little playground next door and ran around, slid down the slippy slides, and played pretend for about a half hour while Jesse just sat in his stroller and watched us! After Jesse went to sleep we painted for a long time and then sat out on the front steps and lit sparklers while we waited for Daddy to get home. It was so nice, and Kaden kept saying: "I'm so excited! This is so much fun!"

His little love language is totally quality time, and he doesn't ask for much when Jesse is awake. He adores his little brother and has never shown signs of jealousy or insecurity. But I could tell that he was totally eating up that uninterrupted one on one time last night. Me too. I've missed him.

No comments: