What's Fer Dinner.

Yesterday was one of those really beautiful, sunny days where I should have been puttering about in my yard like I posted about previously. Instead, we continued our lazy streak of milkshakes and Boxcar Children on the porch, bike rides and coffee in the driveway, and a little mini trespassing excursion to a wee little pond down the road from us.

Kaden had high hopes of catching us some trout for supper.
Instead, we got three minnows and a frog.
And a hefty portion of ants were caught by the smallest hoolie.

I don't think we would have starved, but thankfully, Daddy came home with these beauts!

Jesse was in his glory cutting off their heads.
While decapitating them he said: "But, I don't see any ham."
Hmn.
Homeschooling has been a raging success with this one...

No goldfish were harmed in the making of this lunch.
But, I'm pretty sure poor little Goldie has been traumatized for life...

Gruesome.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Ham! Ha! Love that kid!!! Poor Goldie's still living, eh? That goldfish just won't quit!

Katie said...

Ahahahahaha . . . the photo with the fish decapitation happening RIGHT in front of Goldie is PRICELESS.

Your family is great. :)

Kristi said...

you guys are so entertaining...Jesse is hilarious.

Psalm117ptg said...

Love it. Char and I laughed so hard.