Clear the Noise...

Weekends are for wandering.
For slowing down. And if possible - for stopping.
So that we can see - really and truly see.

Creation never forgets to praise Him.
The Heavens are always declaring His handiwork.

I'm the one who forgets.
Like the Israelites who had to perpetually relearn.

How easy it is to forget the good. The gifts.
The grace.

How easy it is to get caught up in the mundane...or in the chaos, for that matter.
How easy it is to forget to slow and see the sacred in the middle of all of the mess.

Kev wrote a song a few weeks ago, and when he sang the first two lines to me today I thought that these words could be the theme song for my life:

"Clear the noise.
I want to hear Your voice."

Clear the noise...
Sometimes we've got to get away to hear His voice.

It's still.
It's small.
But His voice contains the words of LIFE.

"Then You blow by so sweetly.
...not sure how Your still voice still blows me off my feet..."

1398. Week-ends for wandering
1399. Creation declaring His glory.
1400. Evening discoveries.
1401. Quality time with family.
1402. Husband, Love, Best Friend.
1403. Slowing to see, to hear the still, small voice.
1404. Being reminded...Again.

No comments: