Four.

Jesse Bear...
My Boy Joy Wild Child.

Four years ago tomorrow you rocked our world. Our lives have never been the same since, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I knew your personality from the moment you started moving inside of me! And so much like the crazy kid that you are, you entered this world hard and fast giving Mommy only minutes to walk through those hospital doors. You came out lobster red, and you were yelling at the top of your lungs!

Daddy and I just looked at each other and laughed...
We knew you'd be taking us for a ride.


And what a ride it has been! How I love you, my little man. You have always seemed older than you are, and your tender, sweet heart is such a fun blend with your crazy, wild approach to life.

I love how much you love your brothers, and I love listening to your conversations with Kaden. I love how free you are with your kisses and your compliments. I love your love of life and your head thrown back crazy belly laughs. I love your silly stories, your sweet, tender prayers, and your love for Jesus. You truly do bring such joy to our home.

You are whirling, and I wonder if you will live to be a teenager, but I'm in love with the crazy. Thank you for your love so freely given. Thank you for the happiness that you bring. Thank you for being such a big helper with your baby. Don't rush your childhood, Love. Don't wish these years away to be as old as your biggest brother. Mommy needs to savor you longer.

Tomorrow will come soon enough.

******
1248. Jesse Micah - and celebrating four years of life with this boy!
1249. His love of life.
1250. His crazy, gut-exploding, head thrown back laughter.
1251. My 5:30 blonde morning alarm clock.
1252. His crazy love for his brothers.
1253. Daily humble pie for me and keeping me on my knees.
1254. Those sweet, tender prayers.
1255. Understanding this one who is made most like me.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Happy birthday crazy boy! Oh, how we love Jesse! If we could combine his unbridled enthusiasm with Kaden's gentle disposition and Ransom's awesome head of hair we would have the absolute perfect man!!! :-) Hope you guys enjoy birthday festivities! We love your little men!