Iron.

I have been blessed with some pretty amazing women in my life.

Normally, I'm not much of a fan of girls - probably because I AM one, and I know what we're capable of... But, as I've been catching up with a couple of my besties in actual real face to face conversation as of late, and as I've been catching up on the other's via their blogs or - shocker - an actual, real phone conversation --- I'm just kind of blown away at the women that the Lord has placed in my life over the years.

"As iron sharpens iron" - sister friends can sharpen us.
They can encourage and bless and give us the strength to walk it out one more day.
They can challenge and convict, humble and motivate, uplift and rejuvenate.
And if we can get out of the way of ourselves, they can make us better.

We're all walking this crazy journey of life. We're all doing the very best that we can. We're all trying to not only survive the mess and the chaos - but to actually thrive in the midst of it all. There are days when we are victorious, and there are days when we fall flat. We've all had both.

I love it when the walls finally come down, and we can finally admit to each other the raw and the ugly - the fear and the pain. And the sorrows and the joy, too. It's a package deal - we don't get one without the other.

That's life. Unscripted. Curve balls thrown.
Beauty with the mess.
Sacred with the chaos.
Mundane with the meaningful.
Doing the best we can. Seeking the Lord for wisdom and grace - strength and life.
All the while waiting for HOME.

So...
:: to my girls who are struggling and hurting over wanting babies-
:: and to those who are at maximum capacity-
:: to my friends who are real with their parenting and marriage struggles-
:: and to those who can only say it with their eyes-
:: to those who battle depression and anxiety-
:: who battle alcohol and anger-
:: who are single parenting most of the time-
:: who have been through divorce-
:: who have kids who are mostly good all of the time-
:: and who have kids who are holy terrors much of it-
:: who are real and raw, vulnerable and honest-
:: who think the way that I do-
:: and who think completely differently.
:: who encourage my successes-
:: and who gently confront my flaws-
:: who are a little behind me on this marriage and parenting journey-
:: and who are miles ahead.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."
I am blessed.

*******
1424. Friends from all walks of life - at every stage of the journey.
1425. A FRIEND who sticks closer than a brother...

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love you, friend.
Flaws? Someone told you that you have flaws? I wasn't aware of any....
:-) Wishing you a great week...

Angie said...

and WE are so thankful for YOU. love you very much, beautiful girl. xoxo