Meet Gertie.


Or Gus. Or Greased Lightning. Or Horace.
We haven't quite determined the name of this bad boy.
Or, if it's going to be a girl, for that matter.

This was my Grampy's boat. She's (he's?!) an old timer, that's for sure.

Weeks ago, we did a "County Trade" of sorts with a cousin up home. One of those "I'll give you my canoe and a gun, let's spit and shake hands" sort of thing.

It's pretty special for me to have my Grampy's old boat for my little boys to make memories in. She's just right for our stage of life.

She ran a bit rusty at first, but Kevy's learning how to treat her right.

Kaden is a hardcore fisherman like his Daddy. He could go for hours.

Jesse enjoys it, as well...

He also enjoys pretending to eat worms, hooking Daddy with his fishing pole, and losing our very best net in the watery depths.

Ransom and I are along for the ride.
...And the food.

We caught some fish.

And we saw three sweet little turtles.

Yep. It's official. Summer's here.

Welcome to the family little boat.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Woo-hoo! She (he?) runs!!! Looks like a great boat, despite her (his?) years! You guys will have great fun with it this summer for sure!

Angie said...

fun, fun, fun! looks so peaceful! happy for you guys..

KateO said...

so fun! I think its nautical law that a boat MUST be female. just saying...you don't want to embarass your boat.