This Week.


On sunny days the wood pile, the garden, the chicken coop, and the lawn - they're all screaming at me to come and work on them. We need to pull the weeds, muck the coop, mow the lawn that's quickly becoming a field, and stack that perpetual pile of wood. Outside work - it is NEVER done.

And I love that kind of work.
I love to putter around on our property and get things done.

But there's just something about a rainy, scuzzy, yucky cold day that gets thrown in the middle of a week of sun that is so nice for slowing things back down and finding a new tempo - if only just for a few hours.

Rainy days justify p.j.'s for our clothes, hot chocolate with marshmallows for a mid-morning snack, breakfast for lunch, and movies for entertainment. I can completely justify it in my mind, because there's no possible way to get any outside work done -- so it's just that much more enjoyable to veg out and just "be."


It's all good.
Ah. A pace of peace for a day...

And in other news...
Kaden's and my little deal of "one aquarium" this summer is going quite fabulously. Our deal is that he can fill that thing with whatever he wants and whatever he finds, but when he find something new, and something that might not, er, co-habitate well together, he exchanges.

He does not ADD To his collection.
That's the only rule.
He can do whatever he wants - whenever he wants - with whatever he finds.

Our spring, thus far, has gone down as follows:
:: 2 salamanders
:: Traded for 10 frogs
:: Exchanged for 1 turtle
:: Swapped out for 1 little tree-ish type frog
:: Then a toss up happened one evening between a bullfrog, another turtle, or a snake

Above: Mr. Slither won out.
And just a couple of days ago, we had our final trade:

Georgie the toad.
And Mr. Slither was released under the garage in hopes of a re-capture.

Fabulous.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

For sure Georgie was a better choice than Mr. Slither. Ew!!!
And that, my friend, is why God gave you all the boys that I didn't have!!! :-)

Kristi said...

oh my word, girly...God sure gave those boys the right mom when He gave them you...I could NOT have all those critters in my house. seriously, good on you, though...impressive!! :)

Lajeunesse Family said...

YUK!!! Snakes are certainly NOT my thing! Brian brings them to the door yearly and rings the doorbell to which I slam the door in his face! :) Though I did face me fear last weekend in a controlled environment and held a python! :) Even let the man put it around my neck, but a "wild" one, no way!!! Great job momma! :)