Seven.

Kaden Love ~

My first born. My sweet, gentle boy who is so much like his Daddy.
Seven years ago today, you birthed me into motherhood.

I remember being so scared at the thought of being a Mama. Even in the hospital, when you cried in your Grammy's arms and she said – “Oh, he needs his Mommy,” – I remember feeling like this was the moment when all of the world would see that I was a fraud. I make every baby that I ever hold cry, and I knew that you would be no different.

But, she placed you in my arms, and you stopped crying then and there.

You looked me in the eye, and you snuggled in - completely trusting. It was in that moment that I knew that everything would be okay. I would be okay, and you would be okay.

And then and there, I fell in love.

I remember your dark skin and your head of black hair. I remember being amazed at how adorable you were, and I remember feeling so empowered and strong. I couldn’t believe that the hospital staff just let us walk out of that hospital – your Daddy and me not having a clue what we were doing!

(Feeding the ducks when you were two).

And now here we are – seven years later. Amazing. Of the three, you are the most like your Daddy, little man. Quiet, thoughtful, gentle, and kind. Hilarious and crazy, as well. But, also like your Daddy, most of the world doesn’t get to see this side of you very often! You are such a fun blend of silly and serious, and you are such an amazing big brother to Jesse and Ransom.

I am so proud of you, Kaden. I am so thankful for you – and so very honored to be your Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being gracious and forgiving. Thank you for being patient with the whole lot of us! You are a gift, and I love you so much!

We had a good first year of school, didn’t we? I treasure those hours that we shared together. I love listening to you read, and I will forever love reading stories to you. I love YOUR love of nature and all things creepy crawly. I love that you enjoy fishing just as much as your Daddy. I love that you like the simple things like we do, and you appreciate gifts both big and small. You have a tender heart for Jesus, and I pray that it will always stay that way. You are a leader in your own quiet way. Both of your brothers already want to be like you. That’s a big responsibility for a little guy, but you already shoulder it well.

I am so thankful that God saw fit to give you to us! You are such a blessing and gift to our little family. I am so honored to be your Mommy, and I love you more than you will ever know.

Happy 7th birthday, Kade-man.

******
1201. Seven years - the gift of motherhood.
1202. My firstborn - a boy so much like his father.
1203. A Daddy who is a role model that I want all of my boys to be like.
1204. Kaden's sweet, gentle spirit.
1205. His tender, kind heart.
1206. A thoughtful big brother.
1207. A great example for two little boys to follow.
1208. Silly, sweet humor.
1209. His young heart for Jesus.
1210. On his birthday, making a birthday card for his brother.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy birthday, sweet sweet boy! Congrats on seven blessed years, mom and dad! Wishing you were camping down the road again this year! :-)
Let's play. This week? Miss you all...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Kaden! And thanks for the good cry this fine morning!

Love,

Debby B.