Corners of My Home :: Inside & Out

I love HOME.

I love everything about it. I love being home. I love (for the most part) the housework that goes with it. I love that it's an expression of me. I love the boys that live within it. And though I honestly can say that I could leave tomorrow if the Lord asked us too, each and every day I treasure the gift of being here.

It's a gift. All of it. Everything that we have is on loan, and I try to remember that always.

It's the simple things that I love the most.
INSIDE:

:: I love this little work nook that's built into the kitchen. I have my constant reminder to slow and see the sacred amidst the chaos, I have the kid's school books in the old crates, and I love my old dresser that I use for a craft cabinet. We LIVE in the kitchen, and this little space is mine.

:: While I hate shopping for clothes - I honestly need one of my snappy dressing friends to come and clothe me. That would be so perfect... - I do love vintage funk shopping. I love to find something that was made to be one thing and repurpose it for something else. This is an old yellow dresser drawer. Now it holds more of our rapidly growing library.

:: I love my oldest boy sleeping in my bed.

:: Free trunk from our local transfer station, sweet little swag made by a besty best, little star made by Kaden. Love.

OUTSIDE:

:: Little rock wall with rocks collected from all of our many driving and heater hunting adventures.

:: My porch where I sit portions of every day while I watch the boys ride bikes. I like to have it looking cute and fun, but honestly - this is how it usually looks. Lived in, and I love that too.

:: Wide open spaces for all of us to run and play. We craved country for years, and now we finally have a little taste of it. I will never get tired of hearing the peepers at night and watching my chickens.

:: The girl's new digs. While not my favorite, I do so love my hubby who - not really giving a flying flip himself, knew that I was sad about the situation - so he made them a nice little place to run and play.

:: Our wood. There's just something about it. It's honest work, and you can see the results of your labor. I love that.

It's the simple things, really.
Daily - moment by moment - gifts.

I was made for the simple life.

No comments: