My Day....

Shocked wide awake! Oh - what could it be?
It's little Jesse Booker sprawling all OVER me!

With his arms around my neck - then a kick in my head...
It's time for this Mama to be getting outta' bed!

It's a crazy sort of morning. Kind of normal - gotta' rush.
When Mama wasn't looking - Ransom's toys went in the flush.

Daddy fished 'em out. He's a dear - not a slouch.
Then Jesse went and spilled all his cereal on the couch!

(True story. All of it).

With a sheepish little grin - "Mama, sorry. Are you sad?"
I didn't have the heart to scold him or get mad.
(Well.....maybe a little bit of scolding....with threats of no more cereal while watching cartoons.....)

It's these three little crazies and their Daddy; me, the wife.
That makes this house a home - a rockin' Mother's Day life!

Little "helpers," little lovers...
HOLY messy - filthy too!

Make me crazy - make me happy
Make my brains come unglued!

It's a life I want to savor, drink the marrow, stop the time.
'Cause these little boys - they love me; and for now they're all mine!



864. Decorations proudly displayed and lovingly worn.

858. Handmade cards given with hearts full of love.

861. Special suppers cooked and cleaned up afterwards.
862. Bubble baths while boys do dishes.

868. Cups of sunshine.

863. Cookie soup for dessert!
857. Chubby boy arms around my neck 1st thing.
859. A Daddy who helps to make the day special.
865. Unsolicited hugs and kisses.
866. Prayers from little lips telling Jesus they love me.

It's the bestie best......

1 comment:

Shay said...

very sweet! and bacon wrapped scallops, oh my :)