For Those Who Grieve But Still Count

What about the hard thanks?

It's easy to count when marriages are strong.
When siblings get along.
When our homes keep us dry.
When our children are safe and protected.

What about when lives get torn apart?
When marriages come unglued?
When someone loses everything?
When gifts are given and then taken away?
When we get burned by ones we trust?
Or when someone is not given the one thing that they long for the most?

What about the times when there is no answer?
When grief runs deep?
What about the days when you wake up and just live life raw?

Can we see through to God?
Can we put the pen to paper?

And what of our view of God? And sin? And pain in this world?
And Satan even?

It's the age old controversy of God's sovereignty vs. man's free will....vs. sin in the world....vs. the role that Satan plays in ALL of it.

Does Satan not get any credit for anything?

Is everything bad in this world caused by God?
Does God "choose" evil to happen?
Or does God "allow" it?

Is it just semantics?

I have had my fill of theological debates and discussions, and I know where I stand.
I know God is good.
I know God is just.
I know He does what is right.
I also know that we have an enemy who gets very little credit from some.

And this life is a waiting room - a cocoon before Eternity forever begins.
This world is NOT our home.
There is sorrow. There is pain. Grief runs deep.
Sometimes we have to fight hard for the thanks. And there might be days where it is too deep to go it alone.

David said: "He who sacrifices thanks honors me."~ Ps. 50:23
Aptly put. He knew deep grief. He knew the hard Eucharisteo.

Today - for those who don't have the strength to put their pens to paper - you are my thanks. You are my blessings counted. You walk raw, and you walk real.

********
918. Friends who trust and share their deepest hurt.
922. Babies in Heaven awaiting their Mamas.
923. Godly Mama's and Daddy's.
924. Parents who look Heavenward for their strength.
925. Marriages that will be strengthened and weathered.
926. Children who will see raw emotion in safety.
927. Children who will live hope by watching.
928. Children who will see that mourning is healthy and good.
929. A Mama who puts her babies sorrow above her own.
930. A Mama who walks life broken and real.
931. Asking for and receiving needed prayers.
932. Sister bonds not made of blood.
933. Sharing grief - sorrowing when others sorrow.
934. Not knowing why, but trusting.
935. Having no answers, but resting.
936. Watching others live one day at a time with grace.
937. Tears from afar - sharing in sorrow.
938. Reminders to love deeply the gifts of now.
939. The promise of one day no more sorrow.
940. Women who have always longed for, but never held, yet they still celebrate new life from others.
941. Mama's who dare to be raw.
942. Daddies who see strength in weeping.

"One act of thanksgiving when things go wrong with us, is worth a thousand thanks when things are agreeable..." ~ St. John of Avila

2 comments:

Lajeunesse Family said...

Amy~
I am so thankful for a God who is bigger than any of my hurts. I sometimes wonder how I will get through the day and be the mom for my kids that God has called me to be and yet He is there every step of the way carrying me. I am so thankful for that.
Our family is facing dark days ahead. We have family ties being broken as we speak on both sides of the family. I want to spare my children the hurt and the pain and yet pain and trials are what draw us closer to our Savior and so my job is to show my children how to cling to a good God in all circumstances. "I have learned that in whatever state I am, therewith to be content." (Paul)

Thank you for this encouragement today. We have seen so many of these things on your list in the past several months and God is STILL on the throne and still GOOD!!! :)

Kristi said...

Hello, dearie...your blog is always an encouragement...and a challenge...to be thankful, to savour (that word always makes me think of you!!) - i miss you.