Shleepy Tired

....and if I had to admit it....a wee bit crabby.

Whew! Both of my boys had a rough night last night - for whatever reason - so I was awakened from a (VERY) deep slumber about six times. Not my fave. This girl loves her sleep. So, I feel like I'm functioning in a bit of a fog today.

One thing that I'm learning with two kiddos is that I need to give myself more grace and cut myself a little more slack than I used to. For example: the plan for supper tonight was going to be homemade chicken pot pie, potato rolls, and some sort of fancy delish dessert as Kev's friend has arrived. Instead, we're having fajitas and rice, and maybe cookies if I can get around to making them. Before two, my house would have been immaculate before company arrived. Last night I did a ten minute run through with the vac and gave a swipe at the furniture in the living room. Today I did the dishes in the sink and called it good. Before two, if a friend asked me to babysit on the day company was arriving I would never have dreamed saying yes. Today I thought, "Why not? I'm already half crazy - might as well go all the way!" Yup. I'm just trying to embrace the chaos and just roll with it. Some days are better than others, but I'm learning that I can go a long way in helping myself not get too crazy!

3 comments:

Angie said...

good for you Ame! i found the same thing after i had 2...started to 'roll with the punches' alot more, and made life much more enjoyable...alot more messy, too, but that's ok! ;) now, after 3, it seems like all mess and like i'm perpetually rolling through life, but i love it! ;) i love you and hope you have a great week with your mama! talk to you soon! love, ang

Esther Littlefield said...

Amy,

i bet your house looks just as good as it usually does - but even if not, it's not that big of a deal! my house looks crazy and i have no kids yet...

~esther

P.S. did you get my message about shipping the stuff to you?

Unknown said...

I just love this entry, ame, and I read it just after having rough nights with Natalie too. She had a cold. Had to sit up in her chair to sleep and even then one night we all only slept about 2 or 3 hours. You are gaining so much Mommy wisdom! I need to call you soon for real talk. How was your training?