Today.


It is officially Christmas Eve-Eve in our little family's establishment.

We have had a lovely, simple week of build up to our big celebration. Sweet visits with dear, wonderful friends and playmates. Popovers and tea, bread and coffee...simple foodies, simple, sweet conversation -- and I don't know, everything is just better in my book, when there is anticipation involved. So, what is a "norm" in our house of certain friends coming over each and every week -- becomes a super, special "Christmas visit" in my boy's book -- just because it's Christmas week.

And, it does in mine, as well.
I see all that I have a little more clearly.
And I see them for what they are - beautiful, God-given gifts.
Man...those are the best Christmas presents, ever.
Deep, true-blue, walk-through-life-together friendships.
How blessed we are...

* * * *
Today my boys and I - we shall do the galivanting for a change.
We are going to go and spend the day with dear friends and future wives for my boys.

This friend of mine - she has three girls who are lovely.
I have three boys who are hoolies.
These are matches made in Heaven, if I you ask me!
And I am a fan of arranged marriages. Just sayin'.
Plus - they all have their very own little dirt bikes that they ride. It doesn't get much better in my boy's books. Ha!

And I can't wait to go and see her and touch her little tummy that is just starting to swell with identical twin boys. Be.still.my.heart. I might need to drink a lot of her water, because I'm feeling me the need to have one more myself these days...

Kev says if that were to ever happen there would be no pretending that we were even remotely in control! Right now we live lives of "controlled chaos." If baby #4 were to ever happen, chaos would reign supreme, for sure.

So he says.
We shall see. I say, embrace the chaos, Baby!
Negotiations are still on the table concerning this entire matter....

* * * * *
Tomorrow will be our little Christmas Eve family celebration.

We are having my neighbor Lew over for a big turkey dinner and some silly Christmas games.
Lew likes the crazy.
He tells me so.

And then, we are going to go and deliver a bunch of Christmas goodies to our neighbors all around us. Some we still have yet to meet and some we are still just getting to know. We are trying. Trying to make ourselves known. Trying to be missional. Trying to "be Christ" to those around us.

Emmanuel.
God With Us.
Might all those with whom we come in contact see that God is indeed with us.

* * * * *
2206. The gift of deep, true-blue friends.
2207. How blessed to be safe and loved in being "me."
2208. Raising and loving our children together.
2209. Grace and love shared and freely displayed.
2210. Sweet Lew - may he feel loved by our family.
2211. Cozy food, tasty treats - tangible love.
2212. Simple celebrations.
2213. Silly crafts - flops and fails.
2214. Ice storms for skating.
2215. Trying...to teach, show, & live the blessing of giving.
2216. New life growing - living, breathing, kicking!
2217. Anticipation.


Kudos to Rachey for the pics...
Thanks for recording my life when you come over. It's lovely, really.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Ohhhh -- have a lovely visit with Rachael -- and rub that belly of hers for me, too...wish I could join you girlies!! merry Christmas!

Angie said...

ditto to what kris wrote! Merry Christmas Eve! xoxoxo

rachael a said...

Oh yes :)
It's my joy <3

rachael a said...
This comment has been removed by the author.