Crafting. Ish.

You know those sweet little snow globes that you see everywhere?

They are super expensive in stores, and I've seen a variety of tutorials here, there, and everywhere - so I figured me and the boyzies could make our own the other day.

But, don't be looking here for a tutorial...

Ours came out more or less "ish."
But, in a world of boys - a craft of "ish-ness" works for us.

We collected various jam and canning jars, and then I searched to high heavens for "Christmasy" critters and what-nots to put inside our globes.

Being a household of boys, they could've cared less if they used a Christmasy theme or not, so we have ourselves some dinosaurs in the forest, an army man alongside a bear, and all sorts of various and sundry...er...festiveness.

I didn't have fake snow, so we used glitter.

And I didn't really have a sweet clue what I was doing, so the next morning, a few of our winter scenes were floating upside down, so you know -- it was a bit of a flop.

But, this scene sits proudly as our table's centerpiece screaming "Merry Christmas to all!"

What? You can't tell what these things are?
Me neither.

No comments: