Easing In.


(Pics taken by this sweet woman).

I'm sure I'm a little "off" from most of the rest of the world when I say this, but I really like Mondays. Monday, for me, is my slowest day out of the entire week.

We have just come off of a busy weekend, and now it's just me and the boys easing back into our normal routine.

It's fresh. It's new. And it's a clean slate of sorts.

This is our busiest day of school as the rest of the week just seems to pick up steam, but it's our slowest and coziest in many other ways, too.

From here on out, there's babysitting, waitressing shifts, playdates, and ministry.

All great things.

But today is ours. And that's the best!

* * * *

Despite my uncontrollable hair and Kevy's jeans that are practically falling off of him from all of his weight-loss; and despite his mortification of me always trying to kiss him in front of the camera; AND despite our family's extreme awkwardness in front of the camera....my dear friend was able to get some really sweet family shots of our little crew that depict our family well, I think.

Soaking wet, heads thrown back, hair messed up, scratches, zits and all....

Rachael, my Mama shall rise up and call you blessed.
Because of you, I now have updated pics to give as gifts.
You rock.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great pics --- the only problem: I wanna see 'em ALL!!!! All 200+ that she said turned out great, and all the other 500+, too!!! Your Mom is gonna be so pleased, Ame!!! Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

Angie said...

I'm with kris! Cant wait to see more of them! Love you all very much. Xoxo