Little Loves.


It's 5:00 in the morning over here in Boyland.

If I can actually rouse my rear out of bed in the morning, I really love this early start to my day. I can hear all of my babies breathing in their beds - all soft and snuggly and warm; I stoke up the fire all nice and hot, and I go room by room and systematically plug in all of the little lights in my windows to make my house cozy.

And usually while my coffee brews, I come and sit down over here.
It's quiet. It's my sanity. And it's well worth an extra hour of sleep in my book.

(Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum).
* * * *
So, here we are - one week away from Christmas.
Crazy, isn't it?

We're going to do our best to savor these next few days. No school - just a whole lot of Christmas. Finishing our wrapping, doing some crafting, making more goodies to share with our neighbors, playing lots of games, reading lots of stories, and hopefully seeing lots of people that we love.

I love this stage of parenting that we are in. I'm fully aware that we are in the el-cheapo stage of gift giving, and I'm fully aware of the magic and excitement that Christmas holds for little ones my age. We're living it! I know that this will change with time, and I'm really trying to drink in the deliciousness of "now." Anything that we do - no matter how small - is fun and special right now, and I know full well that this won't always be the case. I tell you - I'm a hero around here when I make my littles homemade marshmallows and when I stop to play another game of "Sorry." How many Christmases do you think that's going to last?

So, while we countdown to our family celebration on Saturday, these are some things that I am loving right now:

2194. Reading our Advent story together (when I remember). I am days behind.
2195. Crafting together at the kitchen table.(Heavens).

2196. Seeing new gifts under the tree each day - wrapped by the littles for the littles.
2197. Anticipating sitting with family this morning and watching a sweet Christmas concert.
2197. Cooking and wrapping little gifts of love to give away to strangers and loved ones.
2198. Pomegranates. A delish winter treat. Especially when I don't do any of the work. So tell me - do you eat the seeds or spit them out? Kevy chomps everything right up. I, on the other hand, spit the seeds out.

2199. My work Christmas party this evening - with my Love in tow.
2200. Planning a scavenger hunt for the boys to find their stocking stuffers.
2201. Getting our meal menus ready for all of the celebrating this week.
2202. Getting ready to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house!
2203. Planning a special meal for Lew.
2204. Setting aside the list when things become stressful.
2205. Playing and seeing and being.
2205. Smudge. He is darling, and I have forgiven him.


"To God, my exceeding joy; I shall praise you, O God, my God." ~ Psalm 43:4

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, I would love to curl up in front of that fire!!! I totally eat the pom seeds, by the way. Looking forward to our pre-Christmas get-together! Girlies are soooo excited! And me too! :-)

Carrie said...

Love your posts Amy. They really make me long for the simple life in every way! :) Having the kids in school brings so many blessings, but also so much busyness! Merry Christmas dear friend! :)

rachael a said...

definitely spit the seeds out :)

oh smudge.

i can't believe you can tip toe around the house in the early morn without your boys and/or your CATS waking up. our sam AND our cat perk RIGHT up no matter the hour if we wake.. . even to pee. . which is a bear let me tell ya! :)
the only remedy is to pile everyone into our bed for the rest of the night!
it's getting rather snug. :)

Kate said...

You eat the seeds. Otherwise, it takes waaaay too long to eat it, having to suck all the fruit off the seeds . . . ;)