Family Photos.

(NOTE: The pictures in this post have absolutely nothing to do with its content. I just hate a post that has nothing fun to look at.)


Today we did a family photo shoot in the great out of doors.

I'm not a huge fan of getting my picture taken. It stresses me, I hate my backside, my hair never feels right, I can never get all of the littles to smile, or match, or look at the camera, or all keep their eyes open at the same time, and usually one or all of them has to use the bathroom at the most inopportune time.

That's like torture in my book.

Right up there with being cold, living in the city, being outside in the snow and cold, and being chased by wild animals.
Well, not that bad, but you know...it's not my fave.

However.

I have this friend who knows me well, and who does wonders with the camera. She makes things look and feel easy.

And I have this mother who is begging for updated pictures of my children..."That's ALL I want for Christmas! Just an updated picture of those boys to put on my mantle."

So, the pressure was on, and today was that day.
And of course, we had to get a whole wack of snow the day before so that we had to be bundled to the hilt for our pics. Joy unspeakable.

And in true Booker fashion, on this lovely picture day, I have a zit, Ransom has a huge scratch on his face, and Jesse has the beginnings of a black eye...because he's Jesse. I also forgot his hat, so he had to wear one of Ransom's - which looked slightly hilarious, AND Ransom fell right on his rear into a puddle fairly early on in our photo shoot.

But, it is what it is, and we are what we are. And we shall see what wonders my friend is able to pull out of her bag of tricks with this motley crew. She said she took almost 500 pics. There should (please?!) be at least one (???) picture that is presentable of the lot of us from that batch of pics! Will miracles never cease?

Oh, the suspense...

(My reward on the way home).

(Ransom - after the photo shoot).

Whew! We survived...
And it was actually kind of fun.
And now we wait for Rachael to work her magic. No pressure.

1 comment:

rachael a said...

no pressure inDEED. sheeesh! :)

OHMYWORD i LOVE that picture of Ransom!! hahaha!

that is hilarious.

728 pics to be exact. . and about 200 that came out sweet!

a good day. :)